The Registered Nutritionist will be responsible for all day-to-day nutrition, allergen and sustainability work at Brighton College. This Nutritionist will report directly into the Contract Director at Brighton College but will also work very closely with the central Chartwells Nutrition, Allergen & Sustainability Teams to ensure the central concepts are executed appropriately at Brighton College.
The key priorities of this role will all be centred around the Nutrition and Sustainability Strategy for Chartwells which includes (i) supporting food offer and standards, (ii) delivery of nutrition education to pupils, (iii) scoping social value opportunities for the school, (iv) supporting the delivery of a sustainability strategy for the school and (v) to support allergen management at the school.
The Nutritionist will be required to liaise with various stakeholders including pupils, parents, teachers and sports coaches in relation to all aspects of nutrition. More specifically, the nutritionist will be forward thinking and will encourage positive behaviours around nutrition/sustainability/allergens across the school community. The Nutritionist will also be responsible for presenting at internal meetings with senior colleagues.
What is unique to this role is the leadership opportunity across the broader Chartwells Independent business. The individual will take a leading Nutrition role across Chartwells Independent to drive change and deliver fundamental projects and processes across the organisation.
As part of the business strategy for Chartwells Independent, some schools (in addition to Brighton College) have dedicated nutritionists on site. With the help of our Head of Nutrition and Sustainability, the individual will take a leading position over all other contract-based Nutritionists in Chartwells Independent to ensure consistency in their approach/delivery and to develop them as individuals. What we'll give:
- £29000.00 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Brighton College is an inspiring place to work. As the leading co-educational school in the UK it is renowned for its inspirational teaching and innovative education, whilst placing kindness and community at the heart of our approach to education. Named "UK School of the Decade " by The Sunday Times in 2020. We are a leading and celebrated private boarding and day school in Brighton. Our team runs a busy 7 day a week breakfast, lunch and supper operation plus a very busy events and hospitality service for internal and external customers. More about the role:
Responsibilities at Brighton College
- Attending the school on a daily basis
- Delivering nutrition education sessions to a wide variety of audiences
- Create and maintain case studies that evidence the benefits of the nutrition programme and resources within the school.
- Build connections with pupils and staff to support the multi-disciplinary nature of nutrition development across multiple domains within the school.
- Support identified pupils with more bespoke nutritional guidance based upon the demands of their school experience - academic, co-curricular.
- Maintain sound knowledge of nutritional requirements for all age groups
- Translating complex nutrition information into simple facts and figures
- Roll out FUEL' initiatives across the food offer
- Deliver training to catering teams on nutrition
- Review menus and provide feedback on the nutritional content of the offer
- Train catering team on allergen management process
- Audit kitchen and service points to ensure nutrition and allergen compliance
- Support the delivery and implementation of the sustainability strategy at Brighton College alongside key stakeholders at the school
Who you are:
- Support other school-based nutritionists in Chartwells independent to execute their nutrition and sustainability responsibilities effectively
- Support the development and delivery of a bespoke Chartwells Independent Allergen Review; designing an appropriate strategy on the ground and ensuring execution
- Oversee allergen management in all other sites to reduce risk and ensure compliance
- Represent all school-based nutritionists by attending weekly calls with the Central Nutrition & Sustainability team to feedback on progress
- Represent the school-based Nutritionists at Chartwells Independent Leadership meetings
Who we are:
- Registered Nutritionist with an accredited nutrition degree from university
- At least three years' experience in the field of nutrition (preferably in school food industry)
- Knowledge of allergen legislation and experience executing safe allergen management procedures (preferably in school food industry)
- Must be willing to travel and stay away from home
- Ambitious, professional, organised, efficient and self-motivated
- Experience with managing people
- An interest in sustainability and environment would be desired
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations
- Confident in delivering nutrition and food education to different audiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups
- A passion for keeping up to date with research and national health events
- Excellent presentation skills
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles
- Team player
- Willingness to work hard and progress
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.