We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Here's an idea of what your shift patterns will be: 5 out of 7 days
The Nutritionist will be dedicated to Rugby School & Bilton Grange. The role will be responsible for supporting the education of pupils, teachers and sport coaches in relation to all aspects of nutrition. More specifically, the Nutritionist will be innovative and forward thinking in optimising the learning and development of all stakeholders to inform decision making and positive behaviours around nutrition across the school community. The Nutritionist will engage with key stakeholders and will translate complex nutrition information into simple messages relating to food and health. The individual will provide their nutrition expertise to influence the food offer, as well as overseeing adherence to the Food Information Regulations. The Nutritionist will write articles and case studies to help showcase successful initiatives that they have delivered at the school and will also be responsible for presenting at internal meetings with senior colleagues.
- Attending the school on a daily basis
- Delivering nutrition education sessions to a wide variety of audiences within our fifteen boarding houses at Rugby School and at our Prep, Pre-Prep and Nursery locations at Bilton Grange.
- In collaboration with central nutrition, design and deliver new educational approaches that enhance the nutrition support to a range of stakeholders across the school community.
- Explore and evidence behaviour change techniques around nutrition, based on sound scientific principles.
- Create and maintain case studies that evidence the benefits of the nutrition programme and resources within the school.
- Use food and nutrition strategies as a tool to enhance pupil development across the school community - academia, co-curricular, pastoral.
- Communicating nutrition information through posters, blogs and website posts
- Support identified pupils with more bespoke nutritional guidance based upon the demands of their school experience - academic, co-curricular.
- Maintain sound knowledge of nutritional requirements for all age groups.
- Translating complex nutrition information into simple facts and figures
- Maintain and continue to implement our FUEL menu initiative where relevant.
- Deliver training to catering teams on nutrition and allergens.
- Review menus and provide feedback on the nutritional content of the offer
- Working in partnership with other members of the Chartwells UK Nutrition Team to share knowledge and best practice. Work closely with counterparts in other Chartwells independent schools to maintain a productive nutrition community across the sector
- Working closely with culinary team on site to promote a joined-up approach
- To oversee allergens and medical diets alongside the Operations and Culinary teams on site
- Write, check and implement medical diet menus where relevant
- Support the roll out and implementation on Climate Action Plan at the school with the help of the central Chartwells Nutrition and Sustainability team
- Graduate of an Association for Nutrition accredited nutrition degree from university
- Work experience in the foodservice and nutrition industry would be welcomed.
- Confident in communicating to large groups of people and controlling challenging meetings/conversations.
- Confident in delivering nutrition and food education to different audiences.
- Able to engage and motivate young people in nutrition practices and foster an enjoyment and understanding of fuelling strategies.
- Must be willing to travel and stay away from home occasionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates Compass values and recognition principles.
- Ability to quickly gain credibility with key stakeholder groups.
- Professional, organised, presentable, efficient and self-motivated.
- A passion for keeping up to date with research and national health events.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to manage a busy diary independently.
As part of Compass you'll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Job Reference: com/1901/76416001/52617332/WJ
Compass Group UK&I wants everyone in our business to feel able to be themselves at work and to have an equal opportunity to progress their career. We want to create a culture where we respect and embrace everyone's talents, beliefs, backgrounds, and abilities. Where our colleagues feel valued, can reach their full potential, and thrive - Diversity is Our Strength!