Online search manager
- Job Reference: 00005349-1
- Date Posted: 21 January 2020
- Employer: Telefónica S.A.
- Website: https://www.o2.co.uk
- Location: Uxbridge, London
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: I.T. & Communications
Who Are We?
giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. It's a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its customers - our members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It's important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. We're a spirited and disruptive bunch at giffgaff, not every now and then, but every day, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff, must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.
About The Team
In the performance media team at giffgaff, we are responsible for all of our online acquisition. This spans our SIM, Handsets and Gameplan businesses. In a market that is getting ever more competitive, we have to be nimble and always look to out-smart the competition.
About The Role
Search continues to be a super important area of the online market. This role will have responsibility for all of search across both PPC and SEO in each of our product-offerings. giffgaff has no shops or call centre, and so online has always been one of the most important areas of focus
• Planning online search to deliver a high volume of cost-effective sales. Ensuring we have the right strategy for the inter-relationship of SEO and PPC,
• Managing our media agency to plan and optimise media to deliver efficient ROI, adopting a test and learn approach for all things PPC,
• Providing regular sales and performance reporting against KPIs for your channels and delivering insight back to the business to inform on-going strategy and planning,
• Embedding best-in-class SEO practices across the company, by having great relationships with all agile product teams,
• Collaborating with brand, PR, content & social teams to ensure hero content provides SEO value through earned media.
• Presenting to senior stakeholders to obtain investment approval and evidence clear ROI.
Key Skills & Experience
• Extensive experience in both SEO and PPC, with a thorough understanding of the online search market,
• Outstanding analytical skills combined with balanced judgement and an ability to develop Media strategies, business plans and analyse campaign effectiveness/ROI.,
• Proven track record of maintaining strong relationships, with good influencing skills,
• An eye for detail to improve our conversion, with a keen interest and obsession over developing iconic user experiences,
• Self-sufficient and confident leader, able to influence stakeholders at all levels and work effectively across functions,
• Experience with working agency-side and ideally in-house too,
• Fluency in English and outstanding written and oral communication skills.
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies, highly regarded for its community model. In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future.