DHL Express UK, we are an employer of choice, a recognised Top Employer and specialists in providing Excellence, Simply Delivered. You could join our team of over 4000 employees dedicating themselves in Connecting People and Changing Lives through express delivery of parcels and international shipments from some of the best loved and most widely recognised brands across the globe.
DHL Express UK is part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group - the world’s most international company. We operate in more than 220 countries and territories worldwide, enabling us to provide exceptional national and international career development opportunities. Within DHL Express’s pursuit to be The Logistics Company of the World we engage in a number of initiatives such as – Go Teach, Go Green and Go Help.
Certified International Specialists
>From Operations to Sales, Customer Services and Corporate Functions our mission remains the same, to provide Excellence. Simply Delivered to achieve this our Certified International Specialist programme builds a common culture and provides the specialised knowledge our employees need to do their job competently and confidently.
Our values and culture are DHL Express UK are an extremely important aspect of our business. We embody our culture in three core attributes;
• Head: Being Results Orientated & Leveraging Strengths
• Heart: Providing Purpose & Having and Creating Trust
• Guts: Being Positive about Challenge, Uncertainty and Change & Focussing on Clear Priorities
In addition to ‘Head, Heart and Guts’. We promote an open and honest feedback culture based on Results & Respect, whereby our employees respect one another, embrace diversity and inclusion and drive employee engagement, every day and everywhere whilst never compromising n integrity and compliance.
Do you want to be part of a company that connects millions of people worldwide? Do you have the drive to make a difference? Click Apply Now!
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Operations Agent acts as the face of the Service Centre, responsible for providing excellent customer service both internally and externally. As an Operations Agent you are responsible for ensuring that the day to day Customer Facing activities within the Service Centre are completed to the required standards. You will be required to ensure that all internal and external visitors to the Service Centre are handled in the appropriate manner and act as Service Centre Receptionist at times.
• Provide administrative and operational tasks, necessary to ensure the correct functioning of the Service Centre
• Answer all calls to the Service Centre within 3 rings in a professional manner.
• Deal with all internal and external customers visiting the Service Centre in a professional manner
• Responding to Problem Pieces and ensure redistribution is arranged in accordance with global standards
• Use computer systems with numerous applications to ensure work completed in accordance with company requirements
• To act as the first point of contact for all internal and external customers contacting the service centre
• Communicate with colleagues ensuring that service delivery levels are consistently high
• Adhere to country laws/regulations and company procedures/ standards in regard to Safety and Security
• Adhere to customs / import / export procedures as applicable
• Ensure any potential security breaches or concerns are brought to the attention of supervisor/manager without delay
• There may be a requirement to undertake a Counter Terrorism Check (CTC) in relation to certain duties and procedures.
Our Promise to You - Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Eligibility to participate in performance related bonus schemes
• Generous holiday entitlement increasing with years completed service
• Company pension scheme with excellent contribution rates
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Generous company sick pay
• A competitive package of voluntary benefits including retail, entertainment, gym membership discounts, cash dental plans and more
• Discounted Health Assessments
• Access to professional employee assistance, wellbeing programme and qualified mental health first aiders
• Excellent training and development opportunities with a strong focus on internal promotion
Your Profile - Skillsets and Attributes
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong IT skills
• Operational process knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Dangerous Goods (preferred)
• Good at establishing working relationships and developing personal contacts
• Strong personal influencing and consultative skills
• Good analytical and commercial awareness
• Self-motivated with good judgment and decision making qualities
• Apply now and upload your CV online.
• If your CV has been shortlisted one of our Recruitment & Talent Advisor’s will contact you within 5-10 days to discuss further details.
• Please note: Due to the nature of our business we are regulated by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority), therefore it is compulsory for all applicants once offered employment to provide a full 5 year employment history. Additional to this we are required to carry out a Criminal Record check