We have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to come onboard as our new Operations Manager based at Chase Farm Hospital. The hospital is part of the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust group offering a wide range of medical services.
As our Operations Manager, you will be responsible for all operational matters relating to this contract. You will lead stakeholder & client relationships on a day to day basis.
Although this role is based at Chase Farm, the contract covers a number of sites across North London so some travel will be required. Job Description
- Up to £47,500 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
At Compass we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors. More about the role:
As our Operations Manager you will effectively plan, manage and control the day to day operational activity of services on site. The services include patient and retail catering; cleaning, portering and security;pest control, linen and helpdesk/switchboard.
The role is key to ensure that the services are delivered to the required standards detailed in the contract specification through the application of high-level technical skills across the range of functional activities.
Your responsibilities will be very varied and ever changing but will include
Who you are:
- Delivering elements within the business plan to achieve current year's performance.
- Contributing to the annual business, financial and people plan for the contract
- Ensuring that service delivery meets or exceeds agreed budgets.
- Coaching/supporting the Departmental Managers in the financial delivery of their roles.
- Maintaining effective internal and external client and user relationships within area of responsibility.
- Delivering the Health and Safety policy and standards
We are looking for the following skills, knowledge and experience:
Who we are:
- Strong financial acumen
- Ideally 3 years+ of experience working in an NHS Hospital
- Experience in managing multi-sites and multi-services (Catering, portering, domestic and security)
- Experience in covid-19 ways of working in the hospital environment
- Strong knowledge in HSE and food safety
- Proven experience in managing & leading large, successful teams
- Previous budget management and/or profit & loss responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently to senior stakeholders/clients
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.