As a talented and experienced Operations Manager, you will be responsible for organising and driving forward our catering offer at Hatfield House contract in Hatfield, Herts.
You will be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of our contract, providing a great quality hospitality service and public catering offer. You will ensure your contract is compliant and run commercially in line with net growth and retention targets.
What we'll give:
- You will lead the in-venue team by providing outstanding food and hospitality service to the day visitor and corporate clients.
- Develop and maintain key client relations with Hatfield House
- Bring new and refreshing ideas to the venue's hospitality and day visitor offerings
- You will be a real people person with passion, energy, focus and determination. Someone that naturally enjoys exceeding expectations and takes pride in everything that you do.
- Lead and support venue and company initiatives that can help further enhance our food offer and service.
More about the role:
- Fantastic opportunity within RA Venues
- Salary up to £35k dependent upon experience.
- 40 hours per week - working 5 over 7 days (full flexibility required)
- Opportunity to opt into company pension scheme
The main responsibilities of the Operations Manager will be:
Who you are:
- Commercial management of the venue and supporting the team to deliver an excellent catering and hospitality service through great food and excellent customer service.
- To be a do as I do manager and lead by example.
- Effective control of budgets and costs (Manage P&L and all financial KPIs)
- Introduction of new ideas to drive the service forward
- Develop team's knowledge and expertise
- Effective communicator.
- Results oriented.
- Proven understanding on the leisure and attraction industry.
- Holds team to account.
- Able to motivate and inspire people at all levels.
- Confident and in challenging and questioning existing practices.
- Fully flexible and willing to adapt to ever changing environments.
- Proven experience in managing successful teams that deliver results.
- Operational experience in a similar role.
- Foodservice or similar background.
- Financial acumen with a clear understanding of P&L responsibility.
- Can demonstrate commercial awareness.
- I.T & computer literate to a high level.
Who we are:
- Experience of working in an environment where there are peaks and troughs in demand during service times.
- Experience of working in environments involving high levels of customer care.
- Contract catering experience or working with key stakeholders.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.