Our Employment, Skills and Enterprise business provides support to citizens, from supporting the unemployed into sustainable work, to upskilling those with low or no vocational skills, so they can progress in work.
We are currently bidding on a number of contracts, the outcomes of which are due to be announced by the 16th April 2021. As such, we are expanding our team and we are looking to recruiting an Operations Manager.
The primary focus of the Operations Manager role is to lead, motivate and develop the team to meet the requirements of the programme and to continuously improve the service we provide. You will be responsible for managing the delivery site as well as remote management for those operating more remotely.
The Operations Manager will manage and lead a team of Senior Job Coaches, Job Coaches & Employer Engagement Coordinator, in supporting individuals who have been in long-term unemployment and supporting them to achieve sustainable employment. Be able to create a culture of high-performance and high standards and be able to optimise performance and quality across a wide geographical base.
The Operations Manager will be directly responsible for the effective performance management of Serco's self-delivery. This includes ensuring that all actions are taken to deliver the required KPIs and Customer Service Standards.
Interviews will likely be held virtually in late April/early May 2021, with a start date of 19th June 2021, with all roles being subject to contract award.
Subject to contract award roles could be located in - West Central (Birmingham, Coventry ; South and West Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire (Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds) ; South West (Cheltenham, Cotswold, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, Stroud, Tewkesbury) ; South and East London (Havering, Newham) ; Wales (Cardiff, Swansea, Vale of Glamorgan). Please indicated your closest location when you apply.
What you'll need to do the role:
- Extensive leadership & management experience
- Qualified to NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent)
- Demonstrable success in the management of teams across multiple sites within the Employability or Skills sector.
- High level of personal organisation and time management skills
- Experience of using management information to drive Continuous Improvement
- Experience of carrying out effective performance and development reviews, overseeing financial resources, driving continuous improvement and managing external relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering employability programmes
- Experience of analysing management information and working with reporting systems
- Works well to targets and fixed deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, using a variety of communication methods (spoken, written, behaviour)
- Proven ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships
- Ability to proactively manage own workload and multiple priorities with excellent organisation and time management skills
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that truly touch people's lives;
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways;
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer:
- Salary up to £40,000 (dependent skills and experience)
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships
- An autonomous and supportive culture
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services in a company passionate about diversity and inclusion
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).