Salary: Competitive, plus bonus subject to performance + shift allowance and Veolia benefits
Hours: 38 hours per week, 06:00 - 15:30 Monday - Thursday - 4 days (flexibility is required as you will be covering the operator / technician team holidays and sickness, so the times might be different)
Location: Llanelli, SA14 9SD
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources and help it become a better place for everyone.
As an Operations Technician you'll be pushing for innovative solutions to create a more sustainable future for all. We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Refer an Engineer to us once you've joined and earn £1000
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Free physiotherapy service
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
What you'll be doing;
- To operate and monitor the plant, ensuring the ETP operation is running within the permit requirements.
- Ensure strict compliance with the companies health and safety, quality and environmental policies.
- Monitor plant and process to ensure that operation is in accordance with all relevant Operating Procedures
- Maintain and update all routines, schedules and reports with relevant plant operating data.
- Report unsafe conditions, events and hazards to the Site Manager.
- Assist in routine testing of plant and equipment.
- Report equipment deficiencies and record required information into the computerised maintenance management system.
- Carry out analytical laboratory testing of composite samples and Grab samples throughout the shift.
- Caring out various maintenance tasks - pump, motor changes, painting , grinding etc
- Maintain standards of housekeeping as required by Site manager
- Maintenance and publication of plant quality records.
What we're looking for;
- Experience working as a plant operator or laboratory testing experience.
- Education to GCSE standard with an A-C grade in English and Maths or equivalent standard
- BTEC level 2 or 3 in Engineering or Applied Science
- Knowledge with working with IT systems, database and web based packages
- Experienced in continuous monitoring of control systems
- Full driving licence essential
- IOSH qualification - desirable
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.