We have an opportunity for a confident and highly motivated Operative to work at our concrete products site based at Hulland Ward.
About the role
- Involved in risk assessments and daily safety checks
- Report any health and safety issues in line with the Company Health and Safety policy
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
- Behave in line with ‘Don’t walk by’ at all times
- To work in accordance with all corporate and local policies and procedures.
- Operation of manufacturing plant and equipment safely and efficiently
- Controlling the quality of product
- To understand the requirements of our internal & external customers
- Work efficiently in order to meet production targets
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Be responsible for the manufacturing assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, equipment, buildings, and stores
- To react promptly and effectively to breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where needed
What will you bring?
- We are looking for a highly motivated General Operative with drive and enthusiasm to work as part of Shift team
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Good organisational skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and problem solve
- Previous experience within a similar industry
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary, bonus and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3,700 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of Holcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 70,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
#BuildingProgress for people and the planet.