RNAS Culdrose - Cornwall
Full Time, 38 Hours
RNAS Culdrose is a Royal Navy airbase, located near Helston on the Lizard Peninsula of Cornwall UK, and is the largest helicopter base in Europe. Serco play a key role in offering aircraft support and aviation and engineering facilities to the Royal Navy's maritime Merlin aircraft fleet.
The purpose of the Operations clerk is facilitating the smooth and safe running of the Squadron operations to 736NAS in support of the Hawk Aircraft Operations. There may be a requirement to detach with the Sqn for up to 12weeks per annum.
What will I be doing?
- Support the Sqn Duty Pilot with pre and post flight administration.
- Collation of flying related information - Displaying aviation/flight safety critical information accurately on briefing boards, electronic forums and in-briefs.
- Relay of pre and post flight critical data during out briefs and in-briefs - flying route bookings, danger areas and low-level flying.
- Maintenance of flying statistics records.
- Population of daily 0750 brief - retrieving, collating, and presenting weather airfield operations, NOTAMs, danger area timings, Royal Flights, PINS and other relevant aviation information critical to flight safety.
- Response to specific external and Sqn executive enquires.
- Ensure Ops room is clean and tidy at the end of each day
What will I need to do the job?
- Experience with Human Factors Error Management
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and trust, across all boundaries.
- The Ability to handle personal data accordingly
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure deadlines are not missed.
- Good working knowledge of Applications
- Have a flexible approach to work - as and when needed
- The ability to learn new skills