Here at Hilton Reading, we are less than two miles from the Oracle shopping centre and the University of Reading. We are a great base for visiting Windsor, Oxford and Henley on Thames. We house the new quirky concept OXBO Kitchen which uses fresh ingredients and locally sourced produce, not forgetting signature cocktails in the OXBO Bar. We have nine event spaces with natural lighting, air-conditioning and free Wi-Fi and we also have our large indoor pool and fitness centre.
Here at Hilton Reading, we create heartfelt experiences for all our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of "Great places to work", this is not just a job - we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
About the Role:
A Food and Beverage Supervisor
is responsible for supervising operations of Food
and Beverage outlets to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while working with the team to ensure departmental targets are met.
Salary - £23,829.00 per year plus Service Charge
- Free meals on duty
- Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
- Holiday: 28 daysincluding bank holidays (increasing yearly)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted dental and health cover
- High street discounts: with Perks at Work
- Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
- Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
As a Food and Beverage Supervisor, you are responsible for supervising operations of Food and Beverage outlets to
deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Food and Beverage Supervisor will also be required to communicate and delegate tasks to the team to ensure departmental targets are achieved. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Supervise Food and Beverage Outlet operations
- Communicate and delegate tasks to the team
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Represent needs of the team
- Assist Food and Beverage management with achieving financial targets
- Assist Food and Beverage management with training and development of team members
- Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Be environmentally aware
- Assist other departments wherever
necessary and maintain good working relationships
A Food and Beverage Supervisor serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous Food and Beverage experience
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience in hotel industry
- Previous experience in supervising and/or delegation
- Willingness to develop team members and self
- In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
- Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)