Job Title: P-Way Leading Multi-Skilled Track Operative
Location: Belfast / Derry / Londonderry
Compensation: £22,538 plus Roster Premium, Overtime + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF44033
Be where you matter
At Babcock, we're creating a safe and secure world, together - and you can play your part. As a P-Way Leading Multi-Skilled Track Operative, you'll help to deliver £multi-million rail projects in Northern Ireland through our partnership with the country's rail operator, Translink. Join us and you can develop priceless skills and experience as part of our international aerospace, defence, and security company. The future's ours to build. It all starts with you.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Babcock as a P-Way Leading Multi-Skilled Track Operative, carrying out track renewals as directed by the Track Leader/Supervisor. This is the ideal time to join and be part of a valued team, while also developing a future career at Babcock international.
Babcock International and Translink
From the £33m Coleraine to Derry~Londonderry rail systems project, to the Whitehead Station level crossing works: Babcock International is delivering major Northern Ireland rail plans, as partner to Translink. Building on these successes, we're growing and taking on even more high-profile projects such as the Belfast Transport Hub. Whether you're a skilled or aspiring rail professional, there's some incredible opportunities.
As a P-Way Leading Multi-Skilled Track Operative you will have good knowledge of all aspects of Track Renewals including Switches and Crossings, coupled with knowledge of Rules and Regulations, HASAW Act and other appropriate statutory regulations.
What will you be doing?
* Carrying out Track Renewals work as directed by the Team Leader / Supervisor
* Assisting the Team Leader in the delivery of the allocated works
* Carrying out auxiliary duties as required
* PTS, Lookout, PC, COSS, MC, Site Warden essential
* Knowledge of small plant & tools
* Able to drive or willing to learn
* Must be fully flexible to workdays, evenings, nights, and weekends
* Must be willing to undergo pre-employment screening (including, but not limited to credit check, personal and employment references, qualification checks and a drugs & alcohol and medical assessment)
What we offer
* Roster premium
* 28 days and Bank Holidays
* Overtime opportunities
* Auto Enrolment into the Babcock Pension Scheme
* Eligibility to join Babcock Share Scheme
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* BIG Benefits Employee Benefits Scheme
* Tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Feel trusted to deliver
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive.
Closing date: 31st August 2022