Our Digital Law Group is a global team of over fifty digitally-skilled lawyers with various practice specialisms. They work as a multidisciplinary team with legal, operations and technology experts to:
- support our clients on legal and strategic matters as they navigate the complexities of digital transformation
- develop cutting-edge new legal technology products, including smart contracts
As part of the DLG, your responsibilities will include:
- Working with DLG team members, practice groups and business service teams globally to help further the DLG's core objectives.
- Championing and participating in initiatives that support the global DLG strategy and firm's broader strategy.
- Supporting the DLG with its client advisory activities, including by:
- developing and managing precedent documents, proof-reading and occasional drafting
- reviewing and analysing legal and non-legal content (publications, papers, consultations, case law, etc.) and preparing draft summaries and responses of the same
- Supporting the DLG with its business development, including by developing and coordinating client materials (blogs, publications, etc.) and client activities (events, roundtables, etc.).
- Supporting the DLG with its knowledge management, including by:
- documenting and administering knowledge management processes and monitoring legal and non-legal market updates
- carrying out research activities that may involve liaising internally with DLG team members globally, members of various practice groups and members of business services teams
- Supporting the DLG with its internal communications, including by developing and coordinating internal materials (newsletters, Yammer posts, etc.) and internal activities (presentations, meetings, etc.).
- Supporting the DLG with its legal technology development activities, including by developing and managing of processes and documentation relating to smart legal contracts.
- Supporting the DLG with general management, operations and administration, including by:
- carrying out administrative duties such as filing, indexing, photocopying (etc.)
- preparing for group meetings and training sessions and organising relevant materials
- Supporting the DLG with the development of the DLG community.
- Providing general assistance where required.
- Excellent academics (ideally a 2.1) and the LPC
- An interest in technology and, in particular digitisation, emerging technologies and legal technology
- A high degree of attention to detail, excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise
- Ideally previous work in the legal sector either as a paralegal or in legal administration
- Familiarity with IT packages (Word, Internet, Outlook, Excel)
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Competent with legal research