We are looking to appoint a highly motivated and driven Business Development Professional on a permanent basis to grow our business in line with our Strategic Goals.
- Are you experienced in developing and delivering against Business Development Plans?
- Are you driven and proactive in your approach to securing new business?
- Are you able to build long lasting relationships and influence senior stakeholders?
If the above applies to you, read on!
You are passionate about helping our business grow so that we can help and support more people improve their financial wellbeing.
You have personal drive and energy with a clear belief and passion about what we do. You demonstrate tenacity and the determination to get in front of the right contacts to help Plane Saver grow. A natural communicator, you are professional, credible and present with gravitas.
You are attuned to our business strategy and develop clear business development plans to deliver against our aims and objectives. You take time to understand the needs of our partners and their people to make recommendations about how we could extend our products and services to attract even more members.
You are organised, purposeful and focused on building long lasting relationships with new partners. You have good attention to detail, especially when it comes to agreeing plans and completing legal agreements.
You are able to deliver your role with autonomy and are a natural self-starter. You demonstrate a collaborative approach and ensure that all stakeholders are engaged with.
Here at Plane Saver Credit Union, we provide simple savings and loans products to our members. We are an ethical lender (just check out our Fair Banking Award & Money Age Ethical Lender of the Year Award) and our mission is to help our members improve their financial position in an ethical and cost effective way. Plane Saver is a not-for-profit company which means any profit we make goes back to our members to give them a good return on their savings and to provide services to even more members. We recently won the Best Credit Union (South) at the Consumer Credit Awards too!
To find our more visit: www.planesaver.co.uk
Key Responsibilities (in summary):
- Drive a proactive approach to securing new partners in line with the Strategic Goals and our existing common bond
- Design a clear business development plan which outlines the approach to securing new partners whilst giving due consideration to the strategic plan, our common bond and the challenges and risks the CU currently faces
- Take a blended approach to new business generation
- Making outbound calls to potential partner contacts to introduce the products and services of the credit union and how we can support the financial wellbeing of their employees
- Attend networking events to make connections with payroll partners and to raise the profile of the credit union
- Working with the marketing team to create promotional content such as email campaigns or B2B brochure content
- Meet and present to potential partners to gain their commitment to a partnership whilst promoting the benefits of financial wellbeing
- Work with partners to create an onboarding plan and ensure that all relevant legal and service level agreements are in place
- Work with the Account Manager to develop a clear onboarding plan for new partners to ensure a smooth experience
- Explore and where appropriate, make recommendations for how we could widen our common bond by complementing it with similar industries / sectors
- Track and record ‘new business’ activity accurately
- Promote the benefits of financial wellbeing to employers and how this can impact their employees
- Identify other events that Plane Saver could attend that will raise the profile of our Credit Union including sector events
- Where required, support the Account Manager with delivering presentations and outreach events
- Explore how PSCU could develop its products and services in line with our members needs and wants
- Utilise member insight and research to shape your recommendations and write compelling papers to gain agreement
- Explore how strategic partnerships could support the needs and wants of our members and benefit PSCU
- Share insight from our partners on the factors affecting our members
- Stay abreast of market and sector developments and carry out analysis using recognised business models to determine business requirements.
Essential: Business Management related degree or equivalent experience
Essential: Experience of working in a similar proactive business development role. Sector experience; financial services, credit union, insurance, retail credit etc. Experience of creating successful business plans and delivering against them. Experience of exceeding sales targets.
Highly Desirable: Experience of working within our 'common bond' e.g. Military, Airlines, Transport, Logistics or Engineering
Knowledge / Abilities:
Essential: How to build and deliver successful business development plans. An understanding of the expectations of regulatory bodies in relation to financial services and our sector.
Desirable: Knowledge of the financial services sector, ideally Credit Unions
OTHER INFORMATION: Candidates must hold a full driving licence and have access to their own vehicle. You will be required to meet with potential partners (where safe to do so) at their business premises and should expect to spend some of your time on the road as well as proactively generating business in other ways.
Salary: £40-£45k per annum +10k bonus potential +laptop and mobile
Location: Harlington, Middlesex