Pastry Chef - Thorpe, Surrey
Up to £30,000 per annum
Monday to Friday (Occasional Evenings & Weekends)
Must drive due to location
Fantastic Opportunity-Prestigious Independent School
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and staff. You will be a key part of a team who have a passion for preparing food on a daily basis using fresh ingredients. It all starts with enjoyment-great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team at this prestigious Independent School based in Thorpe, Surrey
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious contract in Thorpe. We pride ourselves on producing absolutely everything on site and offering our clients creative, innovating and cutting edge menus.
We are looking for someone that can help drive our food offer forward working alongside the General Manager and Executive Chef. More about the role:
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary.
Who you are:
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to school environment and centrally driven menus where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations.
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
- To serve on the food counters in the client's premises following all customer service standards
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service.
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification.
- Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality
- catering is to the highest standard
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation.
- To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc.
- To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
Who we are:
- High standards and be quality driven
- Committed to food and customer service innovation
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop and work well within a team
- Proven track record with stock management, H&S and food safety.
- Passion for high quality tasty food, and someone who keeps up to date with food trends
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.