Your chance to join our accolade winning team in the heart of Mayfair!
Podium Restaurant & Bar as well as CC Bar are located on the ground floor, adjacent to the hotel lobby. Podium Restaurant & Bar is the main hotel restaurant offering, breakfast, all-day dining and our award winning Chocoholic Afternoon tea. CC Bar is a Champagne Bar and private event space for up to 35 guests.
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of “Great places to work”, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career.
Salary - £26,500 plus Service Charge
• Service charge
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
As a Demi Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef and Sous Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Demi Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Assist running the pastry section of the kitchen
• Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings
• Bring creativity to the pastry offerings
• Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation
• Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
• Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
• Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
• Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
What are we looking for?
Demi Pastry Chefs serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• A minimum of 2 years as a Commis Pastry Chef or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume food production
• Approaches pastry in a creative way
• Strong supervisory skills
• A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Excellent planning and organising skills
• Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Relevant qualifications for role
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
• Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Immediate start
• We’ll respond within two weeks if you’ve been successful with your application
• You’ll be invited for a trial shift
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)