Pastry Chef - Maidstone
Up to £30,000 per annum
5 over 7 days
At RA Venues, we inspire great experiences at some of the UK's leading cultural and heritage destinations. From cappuccinos at Pennethorne's in Somerset House to feeding hungry herbivores at Bristol Zoo, or sophisticated afternoon teas in Liberty London to alfresco brunches at Hatfield House, we celebrate great food and legendary dining across our portfolio of clients.
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced Pastry Chef to join our catering team, who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this highly prestigious contract.
We pride ourselves on producing absolutely everything on site and offering our clients creative, innovating and cutting edge menus. As well as imagination, passion and creative flair, you'll need experience of leading a talented kitchen brigade as a Pastry Chef - inspiring others to always achieve excellence.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary. Job Description
More about the role:
- Competetive Salary
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Management of all food concepts for all special events, including concessions and hospitality ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Support the existing team in food production covering both the retail operation and the Hospitality and events operation by providing advice, expertise and innovation
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
Who we are:
- Proven experience in a role as Head Pastry Chef from a 5 star venue being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Immaculate presentation, outgoing, passionate, excellent communication and customer service skills are required for this highly visible position.
- Have a big personality', great people skills and be able to develop, train and inspire a small team.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.