Do you want a job that makes a difference? If yes, then come join us at Royal Surrey County Hospital. We currently have an exciting opportunity for talented Patient Catering Supervisor Host to join our Patient Feeding team. You will join our highly motivated team, who deliver outstanding customer service for patients and visitors.
This is a full-time position that requires full flexibility of 40 hours, working 4 days a week. The successful candidate will be working between the hours of 7am-8:30pm. Job Description
Perks at work
- Cinema discounts
- Reloadable shopping cards
- Childcare vouchers
- Holiday discounts
- Retail discounts
The Ideal Candidate
- Prepare rotas and ensure that there is adequate staff on duty to cover all department areas for the day, evening and night shift working patterns.
- Ensure supervision of all team members is carried out at both work and rest break times.
- Authorise all staff annual leave requests and maintain annual leave records. Arrange appropriate cover as and where necessary.
- Ensure that all vacancies are recruited to for all staff. Assess and shortlist application forms, interview and recruit staff. Ensure that all documentation is correct and valid, e.g. all visa documentation.
- Ensure that staff adhere to the Mandatory Training requirements.
- Ensure that all staff training records are signed by each employee and supervisor, then maintained and kept up to date.
- Monitor staff sickness and absence levels, reporting trends and notifying the Assistant Hotel Services Manager so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Undertake annual Personal Development Interviews with all staff, to ensure that development, training and educational needs are identified and individual action plans developed and supported.
- To ensure operational tasks are completed within the required time frames and to assist the front line team by carrying out tasks as required.
- Good command of English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Committed, hardworking and willing to go the extra mile for our patients.
- Flexible, reliable and able to work under pressure.
- Available at short notice to cover any staff absence.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude