PAX has been the major provider of Personal Accident Insurance to HM Regular Armed Forces since 1989 and almost 57,000 members are currently protected by the Plan - that’s roughly 40% of all regular service personnel. Since 2006, VALO Limited has been the face of PAX, facilitating product distribution, training unit HR staff, and assisting plan members and their families.
This is not a purely sales position, thus the Key Performance Indicators are based on the core characteristics of the performance appraisal framework. Weighting will have particular emphasis on: Accountability for Results, Dependability, Relationship Management, and, Communication Skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate that they have the gravitas and ability to see beyond short term targets to represent the PAX Brand and provide genuine support to PAX members.
- Activity (number of potential customers seen)
- Conversion Rate (number of customers enrolled - independent of level of cover selected)
- Support to Product Brand (such as claims liaison clinics)
Key Performance Indicators
- To deliver compliant product presentations to potential customers in the workplace
- To complete and pass all training as required in order to comply with company and regulatory requirements
- To administer the proper completion of enrolment forms, daily, weekly and monthly work records, and the timely submission of these documents to the Management Team
- Strong communication skills, especially public speaking
- Good interpersonal skills (Relationship Management)
- Aptitude for field-based work operating under own initiative in a structured team environment
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Full UK driving licence and not disqualified from driving essential
- PC Literate essential (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and database use)
- Good product knowledge essential
- Past membership of PAX scheme desirable
Applications are encouraged from former members of the armed forces and their families.
Members of the Reserves and Cadet Adult Volunteer Instructors are entitled to an additional ten days leave.