About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a PCV Driver.
This role will provide support, as required, to carry out driver operations and other associated tasks whilst on shift. The PCV driver is responsible to the Transport Services Manager via the Transport Services Senior Controller for:
- Carrying out a 40 hour week with weekend duties as rostered and commensurate with licences held.
- Carrying out driving duties within the scope of current Road Traffic Legislation, Transport Law and local pulications.
- Ensure vehicle daily and weekly before, during and after use checks are carried out and recorded.
- Ensure all vehicle documentation is completed as required.
- Ensure vehicle defects are documented and reported to Control staff.
- Correct completion of PCV drivers record book.
- The refuelling, washing, cleaning and roadworthiness check of fleet vehicles as required.
What do I need to do the role?
* Full category 'D' licence
* Current and in date drivers CPC and tachograph card
* Experienced and professional driver skills
* Effective communication skills
* Strong personal values
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly. We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.