Arriva Southern Counties employs 2000 staff and operates a fleet of 750 buses across parts of Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Essex and Hertfordshire.
We need to keep our buses serviced and on the road for our customers and that is where you come in. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, we currently have a vacancy for a Skilled Engineer with a bias towards the Electrical side of vehicle maintenance based at our busy Depot in Stevenage.
The successful applicant will already be experienced and skilled within the Motor Vehicle Repair trade as a fully skilled PCV/HGV electrician with current EURO 4,5,6 diagnostic skills and training. This role could be location flexible across Stevenage / Ware / Harlow.
- You should possess relevant apprenticeship and / or qualification - NVQ Level 3 / C&G Level 3 / BTEC in Motor Vehicle Maintenance.
- You will also have excellent engineering skills, with first-rate fabrication skills. Candidates will also be flexible, self-motivated and good communicators, as an emphasis on team-working will be paramount. Familiarity with DVSA standards and preparing vehicles for MOT testing would also be desirable.
- Comprehensive awareness and adherence to all health & safety issues is vital.
In return we offer:
- A great hourly rate
- Company Pension Scheme
- “The Village” Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 28 days holidays (inclusive of 8 bank holidays) increasing over length of service
- Free bus travel for yourself, partner and eligible children
Please apply at https://jobs.deutschebahngroup.careers/jobs/JobDetail/Vehicle-Electrician-Stevenage/54886.
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Fri 31st Jan 2020.