Sous Chef - Wolverhampton
Up to £35,000
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sous Chef to work with Head Chef & the head of performance nutrition for all food production across the training ground covering first team, U23s and staff. You will assist in the development of innovative, performance driven menus in order to fuel training sessions, aid optimal recovery and promote adaptation. All whilst maintaining a key focus on HSE and food safety.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary More about the role:
Who you are:
- Work in collaboration with the head chef with the planning of innovative and performance focussed menus for First Team and U23s.
- Create innovative recipes to meet specific sport nutrition requirements
- Ensure that high standards of cleanliness and safety are always maintained throughout all areas of the kitchen.
- Establish controls to minimise food and supply waste.
- Manage the development of performance recipes in collaboration with the Head of Nutrition ensuring high quality and exercising portion control for all items served
- Carry out food safety risk assessments, implement and review regularly the food safety management system and effective controls at identified critical points and throughout the food handling process. Work closely with the Health and Safety Manager.
- Maintain and rotate appropriate stock levels with an aim to providing high standards.
- Ensure that delivery notes are checked against requisitions and any identified discrepancies are reported to the supplier.
- Flexibility to travel to away fixtures and work with chefs at hotels to ensure food is cooked as specified on the menu and presented to highest standards
- Provide and/or develop cooking training for first team and U23s squads.
Who we are:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail and the ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent personnel management skills
- The ability to communicate concisely, assertively and effectively and at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to prioritise between conflicting demands
- The ability to work the necessary hours, including evenings and weekends, as required to meet the requirements of the business
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to increase sport nutrition knowledge
- Experience of working in professional sport
- Experience of travelling away both domestically and internationally with teams
- Experience of working with hotel chefs for away fixtures to ensure catering delivered to the highest standards
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.