Personal Assistant Business Unit:
Kier Living Sub location:
You can shape the world around you with Kier Group. We're one of the UK's leading names in construction - inspiring innovations in a multitude of market sectors - and wherever you join us, you'll be able to achieve and collaborate with one of the country's most established and inspired forward thinkers in construction, property, residential and services.
Kier Living is at the forefront of tackling the unprecedented demand for new housing in the UK. Government, local councils and housing associations trust our expert team and 100-year pedigree to deliver affordable mixed tenure and high-quality private developments - a commitment that's seeing us build thousands of new homes every year, offering you a valued role in meeting the housing needs of a nation. Overview:
Kier living are looking for Personal Assistant to provide support for the Senior Management Team and Northern Region. Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Act as an ambassador and first point of contact for directors as well as visitors to the office;
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external networks, building knowledge of key issues in order to effectively identify and communicate priorities;
- Provide comprehensive diary management for the MD, and Operations Directors across the Eastern region having full autonomy to make decisions using initiative to resolve conflicts and exercise judgement on priorities;
- First point of contact with building landlord and the facilities manager for items concerning the management and maintenance of the Living office space;
- Ensuring the office is maintained correctly;
- Managing the effective running of the office through office equipment and meeting room management;
- Proactively monitor meeting attendance, taking ownership to ensure enquiries and issues are appropriately delegated and resolved effectively;
- Facilitates all logistical arrangements and ensure all documentation is prepared in advance of meetings;
- Proactive itinerary planning, researching and considering reasonable cost effective travel and accommodation;
- Maximising cost reduction opportunities, utilising preferred travel provider in line with travel policy;
- Collate and process expenses ensuring compliance with policy and approval process;
- Manage communications, monitor emails, post and calls taking appropriate action, escalating or delegating accordingly;
- Maintain client and internal contact databases;
- Provide ad hoc project support;
- Provide cover for colleagues as appropriate;
- Provide office support and implement supportive processes.
- Experience at management level in fast paced environment;
- Experience of working in a secretarial environment;
- Proficient IT skills, more specifically with Microsoft Office packages and Outlook;
- Strong relationship builder - able to engage with senior contacts, clients and their teams;
- Able to work as a team, ensuring service to the business and clients;
- Ability to confidently use own judgement and make decisions in order to prioritise and challenge;
- Strong organisational skills combined with the ability to plan ahead;
- Strong attention to detail and ownership for the delivery of high quality work;
- Flexible and professional approach, remaining calm under pressure.
In return we are offering a competitive salary and package as well as the support and scope to build a long and fruitful partnership with Kier. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.