About the role
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Tue ||08:00:00 ||16:00:00 |
|Wed ||13:00:00 ||20:00:00 |
|Thu ||12:00:00 ||20:00:00 |
|Fri ||12:00:00 ||20:00:00 |
|Sat ||08:00:00 ||15:00:00 |
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Mon || || |
|Tue || || |
|Wed || || |
|Thu || || |
|Fri || || |
|Sun || || |
|Sat || || |
Discover what it's like to work in a fast paced environment, where colleagues are focused on delivering a gold standard of service and patient care. There's a lot more to it than dispensing medicines. Every day you'll have the opportunity to make things better for customers in all sorts of ways, such as helping customers with their new medicines, providing vaccinations, reviewing customers' use of their medicines, and checking blood pressure or testing for blood glucose levels. It's very much about supporting our communities, by making the best healthcare choices available and convenient for local people.
Working alongside experienced Pharmacists and managers, you will receive local management and leadership support in whatever store you are based. Our management team comes from a variety of backgrounds so there is always a chance to learn.
We are looking for talented and driven Pharmacy professionals who can deliver the highest quality healthcare service to our customers and in return, we'll provide a supportive team, detailed industry training and a varied working environment where no two days are the same.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
Pharmacy Assistants are integral to the running of our Pharmacies. We are looking for someone who is a team player, and can take on the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the operation of one of our new modern Pharmacies.
- Applying your technical skills and strong customer focus to accurately dispense medication for our customers.
- Dispensing prescription medicines, ensuring attention to detail and accuracy are maintained at all times.
- Talking to customers and offering information in a confident, friendly and professional manner, providing our customers with a great service, making them want to visit our Pharmacy again.
- Offering appropriate information to customers on common ailments, symptoms and products.
- Taking time to understand the customers' needs, explaining the benefits of the products in a way they understand and only selling products that are right for the customer.
- Advising customers on the range of Pharmacy services available.
- Supporting and delivering Pharmacy services and the dispensing process according to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assessing the legal appropriateness of dispensed prescriptions.
- Dealing with clinical and legal queries from Healthcare practitioners within area of competence.
- Responding to customer queries in relation to prescription medicines, informing the Pharmacist of any complaints.
- Ensuring all dispensary routines and Standard Operating Procedures are followed.
- Ensuring dispensary and consulting rooms are clean, tidy and free of clutter.
- Ensuring all prescription administration is accurate and completed on time.
- Bringing promotional activities and company initiatives within the team to life.
- Carrying out all procedures accurately to protect profit and ensure we trade safely and legally.
- Completing corporate and departmental training.
- Keeping up to date with legal and professional developments in pharmacy.
You will need
- Experience or qualifications gained from working in a Pharmacy environment.
- A desire to train and develop into the Pharmacy field.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range of applicants from all walks of life and help improve and develop our team every day. We look forward to hearing from you.