About the role
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Sun ||10:00:00 ||16:00:00 |
|Thu ||15:00:00 ||20:00:00 |
|Sat ||15:00:00 ||20:00:00 |
Every part of Tesco Mobile puts our 5 million customers first - our tariffs, our shops and our award-winning Customer Care. We've teamed up with O2, giving our savvy customers 99% coverage. In our stores, our colleagues aren't on commission. It's all about finding our customers the perfect phone and tariff
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
You will be responsible for
- You will support with people routines, such as wages, reviews, sickness and absence meetings and performance management
- You will support with the recruiting and training of all colleagues, including reviewing applications and organising interviews
- You will understand the teams development needs and support your Team Manager to grow colleague capability, through on the job coaching
- You will engage the team to deliver the best availability for customers throughout the day, and coach the team to focus on the customer first and the task second
- You will deliver a great shopping trip for customers everyday, ensuring the team work effectively as per the operating model
- You will role model great standards of dress and ensure my department cleanliness standards are high
- You will consider safety in all you do, so every colleague and every customer get home safe every day, and keep the Store Manager and Team Manager informed of any issues that may arise
- You will organise the Phone Shop rota to cover all necessary shifts, in line with costs signed off by my Team Manager
- You will work with the business to grow sales, and support the team to achieve our Tesco Mobile targets
You will need
You'll be someone with great industry knowledge, communication skills and who works well in a team, while being ready to roll up your sleeves and do what's needed to give our customers great service.
We'll be depending on you, as the face of Tesco, to Serve Britain's Shoppers a Little Better Everyday:
- Get to know your customers, greet them with a smile and serve them with pride
- Take time to listen, and help out wherever you can
- Make decisions that are right for our customers
- Be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and services
- Always be there, on time and properly presented.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues. It's part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we're proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business. We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers.