About the role
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Tue ||10:30:00 ||19:00:00 |
|Thu ||10:30:00 ||19:00:00 |
Are you warm, friendly and approachable?
- Do you have the drive and motivation to work in a sales and service environment?
- Can you adapt to working in a fast paced ever-changing environment?
- Do you enjoy working with the latest technology?
- Are you a team player who supports others and builds great team spirit?
- Do you enjoy building relationships with customers to establish their needs and help them choose the right products for them?
Every part of Tesco Mobile puts our 5 million customers first - our tariffs, our shops and our award-winning Customer Care. We've teamed up with O2, giving our savvy customers 99% coverage. In our stores, our colleagues aren't on commission. It's all about finding our customers the perfect phone and tariff.
You will be responsible for
What you will do.
- You will deliver a great shopping trip for customers every day, following all opening and closing routines, ensuring all facilities are in a good working order and available for customers, listening for and acting on customer feedback.
- You will create an impression for customers that you can be proud of, role modelling great standards of dress and being ready to serve customers.
- You will be passionate about our products, having confident conversations with customers demonstrating this passion.
- You will follow the service culture in your department role modelling helpful and friendly service behaviours and demonstrating enthusiasm to do what's right for customers.
- You will protect legal brand by delivering legal compliance, understanding all safe and legal routines demonstrating due diligence on your department.
- You will work with the business to grow sales, delivering your personal Tesco Phone Shop targets.
- You will support your manager to control costs on your department and deliver budgets, supporting the department to maintain stock record accuracy and be prepared for stock control routines.
You will need
Working together across your store and across your group to achieve shared success.
Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues.
Being flexible in the way you think, make decisions and handle change.
Knowing your own sources of energy and keeping yourself fit for life.
Always looking for ideas and opportunities to build a better Tesco.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus Bank holidays)
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join Buy As You Earn' and Save As You Earn' after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four-day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco Bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Uniform provided
Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges.
Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Tesco has become a market leader by doing the little things that really matter for our customers and colleagues.
It's part of what makes Tesco such a great place to work, and we're proud to have been accredited as one of Britain's Top Employers again this year.
We're the UK's number one retailer and we pride ourselves on offering a great shopping experience. We are passionate about our food, merchandise and services and will always try to get things right for our customers.
But did you know we also offer great job opportunities? With stores, distribution centres and offices across the UK, and a vast variety of roles, we are always looking for people who have a hunger to work with customers and colleagues across our exciting business.
We believe in treating each other with respect and giving everyone an equal opportunity to get on. It's our people that make the difference every day - helping us make a difference for our customers
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.