About The Role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are seeking a Physicist to join our team based at Sellafield. This role will involve delivering physics services to meet stakeholder requirements and business objectives whilst working safely in accordance with all safety, quality, security, environmental and site instructions and requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- To deliver the technical contribution to services, tasks and projects
- Produce, review and verify outputs including: calculations, analysis results, reports, specifications and method statements
- Liaison with other Physics/Project Team Members to develop ideas and co-ordinate input to projects
- Support business winning including maintaining customer relationships, developing opportunities and proposal preparation
- Co-ordinate and lead technical contributions to projects, working colleagues
- Ensure appropriate procedures and standards are correctly applied to technical activities
- Plan, deliver and monitor assigned tasks and projects, ensuring requirements are delivered to time, quality and cost
- Capture and report learning from experience during and post task delivery
- Support Cavendish Nuclear promotion activities by preparing and delivering presentations and prepare and present technical papers
- Identify continuous improvements and innovations in service provision and implement timely improvements to enhance the efficiency and quality of service provision
- Maintain knowledge of industry best practice and promote a culture of best practice
What do I need to do the role?
We are looking for someone with a Bachelors degree in Physics and some industry experience as a Physicist OR; a Bachelors degree in Physics and a PhD.
Radiometric experience is desirable.
What else do I need to know:
- This position is a full time permanent position comprising of a 37 hour working week with flexible start and finish times
- The successful candidate would be expected to travel to other sites occasionally
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear brings together much of the UK's rich nuclear heritage to create one of the largest specialist nuclear services organisations, at home and abroad. Our heritage dates back to the earliest days of nuclear research and development.
Cavendish Nuclear works across the majority of nuclear sites in the UK, we are strategic partners to EDF Energy on the lifetime extensions of their fleet and work with NNB EDF to deliver a new fleet of nuclear power plants. Our Clean Energy businesses are well positioned to support the UK Governments Clean Energy policies and CO2 reduction targets. Our expertise in the design and build of waste treatment facilities, together with our experience of waste management and fuel-handling, makes us a key supplier at Sellafield and other NDA sites.
With a highly-skilled workforce circa 6,000 we are located at offices and sites in the UK as well as internationally and are trusted to deliver the highest standards of safety, quality, security and environmental protection for our customers. We believe that this is strategically imperative to ensure the long term success of the nuclear sector in the UK and will greatly enhance our ability to export the broader UK nuclear industry capability.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please visit our website. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.