About the role:
This role supports Wastewater Operations to deliver a reliable Wastewater service, ensuring that the optimal level and type of planned maintenance is completed across our Wastewater Network and Sewage Pumping Stations.
This role will primarily support the delivery of the Sewer Depth Monitor (SDM) installation programme, SDM maintenance and the creation and delivery of Event Duration Monitor planned maintenance programmes, an integral part of our AMP7 strategic plan to deliver ODI performance. This role will also offer the opportunity to work on projects spanning the whole of Thames Water’s Wastewater network and pumping station assets. You will use your analytical skills and experience, in conjunction with, modelling and performance data, to optimise plans that ensure the most appropriate levels of activity are undertaken. The role, which is within our Performance, Risk and Optimisation team, aims to balance risk, asset performance and cost to meet key operating targets and improve service to customers.
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- Analysis of asset performance metrics and understanding trends, applying this analysis to optimise maintenance plans and programmes in order to manage risk.
- Working closely with field teams to ensure that local operational knowledge is incorporated into our risk management approach.
- Provide insight to aid in the identification of opportunities to optimise asset maintenance plans, drive asset availability and asset performance and to minimise the whole life cost of asset ownership.
- Ownership of operational maintenance programmes; you will drive continuous improvement of these plans in consultation with other stakeholders within Wastewater Operations, Asset Management and Asset standards teams.
- The creation of reports to provide feedback to regional Wastewater Ops managers and other stakeholders.
- Identifying and exploiting opportunities for continuous improvement of data, analysis, techniques and processes.
What’s in it for you:
- We are seeking an analytical thinker, ideally with experience of wastewater network asset management or operations.
- You will have gained demonstrable experience within a data-oriented role and must be analytical with a keen eye for detail.
- We are looking for someone who has good EXCEL skills. Knowledge of ACCESS/SQL or similar database systems, project management practices and creation of processes would also be beneficial.
- Experience of managing risk and delivering operations and maintenance plans for both Infrastructure and pumping Station assets would be advantageous.
- The ideal candidate will be self-driven, motivated and have the ability to work under pressure to meet demanding targets, manage workflow and expectations.
- You will be a team player who possesses exceptional organisational and communication skills.
- You will be IT literate and able to learn new software quickly. Knowledge of SAP and GIS is desirable but not essential.
- Due to the nature of the role, a valid UK driving licence is required and preferably your own transport.
Working within a team of like-minded analysts on a stimulating mixture of collaborative projects will give you the ability to bring insight and clarity to operational performance.
You will be in a position to influence decisions at all levels up to senior management and help shape how we will deliver this important and developing area of operations.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.