Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services.
We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country's services and infrastructure including the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK's defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
The role of Planner is to ensure that scheduling functions are managed effectively and efficiently.
The role will involve developing and maintaining detailed programmes for a wide range of projects within our Water business in Scotland and close liaison with our site managers to update the programmes on a monthly basis prior to submission to our Clients. This may involve visits to the project locations to assess progress and attendance at progress meetings
What will this role involve?
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the Amey site teams and liaise with client with regards programme submissions and revisions
- Manage internal stakeholder relationships and expectations, and manage Client expectations for detail and accuracy of programmes and updates
- Ensure compliance with agreed Scheduling processes, and contractual KPIs impacted by Scheduling outputs, and ensure that the daily standing targets are achieved
- Maintain own levels of skill and knowledge to do the job effectively and achieve personal targets
- Comply with the relevant Company Health and Safety Policy provisions
- Carry out other duties as required
What we are looking for
- Experienced planner with construction industry generals Civils and MEICA water and wastewater industry background preferable (someone who has worked for larger civils contractors or similar
- Experienced user of Primavera P6 software
- Ability to generate Earned Value Reports from P6
- Ability to generate milestone reports and track changes
- Preferably experience in the water industry in Scotland and appreciation of Scottish Water programme and planning requirements desirable