Plant Fitter technician
RAF Brize Norton- OX18 3LX
Full time, 37 hours
Working hours: 7:45am- 4:15pm (Mon-Thurs) with an early finish on Fridays
£26,206 per annum plus benefits
The job opportunity:
There is currently a vacancy for Vehicle and Plant Fitter Technician working alongside the Royal Air Force General Engineering Team at RAF Brize Norton, Carterton, Oxfordshire OX18 3LX.
- The maintenance and repair of the RAF Brize Norton Vehicle fleet and Ground Support Equipment. (Aircraft power sets, generators and aviation support equipment).
- Primarily maintenance and rectification will take place at RAF Brize Norton but on occasion there may be a requirement to work on Brize Norton equipment at other locations.
- Maintenance duties will include diagnostic/functional checks, brake testing, safety inspections and embodiment of modifications.
- Removal and refit of assemblies and component working in accordance with maintenance and test schedules, workshop manuals, technical publications and parts catalogues.
- Ensuring tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner, to the correct standard.
- Following all relevant health and safety, fire, emergency evacuation, quality, risk, COSHH assessments and procedures.
- Maintaining a clear safe, tidy, effective and efficient working environment.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
Essential skills and experience:
- NVQ Level 3 (or equivalent) Vehicle or Ground Support Equipment Engineering Training.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Eyesight Colour perception. Must be able to achieve Military “CP2” standard for Airfield Driving.
- Be an excellent team player with a “can-do safely” approach to work.
- The ability to achieve Security Clearance.
Desirable skills and experience:
- “Category C” Vocational Driving licence.
- Drivers Certificate of Professional Competence.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is a Disability Confident Employer committed to employing and retaining people with disabilities. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview. For help with your application please contact 0345 010 4000.