Salary: Competitive plus Veolia benefits
Hours: 45 Hours - Monday - Friday
Location: Marchwood, Hampshire, SO40 4BD
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone. It's why we're looking for someone who's just as committed as we are, to push for genuine change and bring our ambition of Ecological Transformation to life.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment, and contribute to our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- Access to our company pension scheme
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well known retailers
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to.
Main Duties and Responsibilities to carry out routine chemist duties as listed below:
- liaise with the Plant Manager and Deputy plant Manager on a daily basis.
- Laboratory testing of incoming oil and water mixtures delivered by truck or barge and waste compatibility.
- Prompt reporting of deviations from acceptance criteria for incoming waste streams.
- Assist with Oil Recovery and Biological Water Treatment processes including operation of machinery.
- Assist with daily bulk liquid transfer tasks.
- Support the generation of written instructions and Risk Assessments for site personnel.
- Perform daily inspections of the Laboratory and plant area, highlight or remedy any issues including potential breaches of permit or safe working conditions.
- Comply with site safety rules and actively report any safety concerns.
- Support the department housekeeping plan.
What we're looking for;
- The successful applicant will have a degree/HNC in chemistry or a relevant scientific qualification.
- The ability to work as part of a team and upon their own initiative.
- An ability to overcome problems and find solutions independently.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
Additional desired qualifications would be a Fork Lift Truck Licence, and first aid qualifications however, these will be provided. Experience in treatment plant operations and waste regulations is desirable but not essential as training will be given.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.