Due to an exciting internal move, we are looking for a qualified, time-served and experienced plumber to join our team to provide technical expertise across our contract supporting several schools. Main duties will be related to plumbing and the management of water services (hot and cold), however successful candidate will also offer multi skilled support to the service.
We are looking for a technical lead on water services who will control all alteration and projects works with support from professional services SME. Substantial experience in a similar role is highly desirable as it is quite an autonomous position.
The role holder will support 4 schools in Merton and Leyton school with regard to planned and reactive maintenance and various projects ensuring high levels of compliance and health & safety.
Due to the nature of this role you will be required to complete enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance.
Up to £37,000 (depending on experience)
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Deliver operational FM excellence across all Merton Schools. The Job holder will be mobile but centered around the Merton area and will be required to assist at out of area schools and maybe the wider school's portfolio.
- A ' hands on role 'including Maintenance, Repairs, Projects and Installation Works, lifecycle, and management of Technical services suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Take a leading role in the repair and maintenance of all the plumbing and mechanical systems across all contracted buildings.
- Undertake reactive repairs to all plumbing and mechanical systems in line with site KPI's and ensuring mobile CMMS function is kept up to date.
About The Company
- Experience of working in a multi-site contract with a varied portfolio of plant and equipment specs.
- Highly experienced, time served and fully qualified tradesperson.
- Must hold current statutory technical certification within core field for example City and Guilds Part 3 (Plumbing), commercial gas qualified would be an advantage.
- Pro-active attitude and can be flexible in relation to duties and working hours.
- Demonstrable and strong organizational and planning skills and have the ability to prioritise and manage their time effectively
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
- Ability to work effectively without supervision and rebound from setbacks and adversity when faced with difficult situations
- Hold or willing to work towards commercia/catering gas qualifications, Annex G unvented, Regulations or approved contractor status and SHEA or NWH water certificates, water hygiene qualifications
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.