Job Title: Poling Surveyor Salary and benefits: Up to £40k Location: Basingstoke
Business Area: Utilities - Telecoms
Join Kier, connect to your future.
At Kier we connect and create spaces and places. Being part of Kier connects you
to strategically important projects and contracts, where your skills and expertise will be utilised to positively impact people, communities and the environment for generations.
Kier Utilities keep our telecoms clients' customers connected to superfast broadband, digital TV and the latest full-fibre gigabit internet services through the design and construction of new fibre networks as well as the maintenance of existing HFC networks.
About the Role
The role is a permanent role working on the BT and Openreach network. The role is diverse and would suit someone with a strong work ethic and someone that has the initiative and knowledge of the Copper Infrastructure and network, specifically the Overhead Network.
To be successful candidates must be experienced, highly motivated, quality-conscious, hardworking and reliable. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and experience required:
- Understanding and surveying existing network infrastructure.
- Carrying out area surveys to ascertain whether any obstructions will prevent a successful installation.
- Completing survey documentation packs
- Meeting with clients to resolve any issues
- Conduct Quality Checks and onsite Safety Audit
- Delivering a consistently high level of customer service when out in the field
- Work with other departments including project managers and Co-ordinators to build program of works
- SA001 Overhead and SA002 Underground Trained.
- NRSWA Card
- Minimum 2 years experience working on Openreach Network - specifically Overhead.
- Well organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- Confident user of Microsoft Office packages including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of the contract terms and conditions applicable to their work.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Client Management teams, Streetworks and planning representatives.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Client representatives.
- Awareness and understanding of the Communications Network Installation Specifications
Desirable:Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted and Focused. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Kier is an inclusive employer
Application closing on 10/12/2020