As a Porter, you are at the heart of our operation and we are looking for individuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
You'll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Porter. After all, who doesn't dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends? Job Description
Porter / Delivery Driver
More about the role:
- £8.72 per hour, 35 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To be polite, professional and friendly at all times with customers, clients and colleagues.
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard applicable to the site/ unit
- To make sure you are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
- To report health and safety issues to your line manager, including all accidents and near misses
- To promote good safety habits and methods of work
- To assist in all food production areas with basic food preparation in accordance with menu cycle requirements
- May be required to deal with spillage of load items, including food and pathology samples, which occur at least once a month.
- Daily exposure to dirt, dust and smells whilst loading, unloading and handling goods, which include parcels, packages, food products, dirty and clean surgical instruments pathology samples, including bodily fluids, and histology samples, including foetus.
- Daily exposure to driving vehicles in a variety of road and traffic conditions, including vehicle, road and traffic noise and in varying weather conditions.
- Daily interaction with other road users with exposure to verbal aggression on average twice a week.
- During inclement weather it is necessary to spend periods of at least one hour exposed to the elements whilst loading and unloading the vehicle.
It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Porter before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Chartwells Independents, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to Independent Schools in the UK. You will be part of a team that supports high-quality education at this school by providing outstanding food and service to the pupils and school staff.
Whether it be producing great food for pupils and staff or being involved in creating great hospitality events our teams have a passion for preparing food using fresh quality ingredients. Our belief is that it all starts with great tasting, healthy food that pupils look forward to and really enjoy.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.