Power Sources - Electrochemist - Farnborough- Competitive Salary
In response to the market potential and increased customer traction, QinetiQ is growing its Power Sources capability through investment in both our people and the related facilities. Our scope includes R&D and IP generation, testing, and advice. Our site is home to battery research facility that includes a large dry-room and pilot-scale battery assembly equipment as well as an extensive range of electrochemical test equipment. We develop and test advanced battery types for demanding applications that require performance beyond what is available commercially.
Working as part of a small team of scientists engaged in development of power sources, you will be working with our lead electrochemist and be responsible for leading development programmes in the laboratories as well as assisting with development of new work programmes in response to customer demands.
- Undertaking power source research and development activities in the laboratory
- Collection and analysis of test results and data
- Technical leadership and assistance with preparation of new proposals of work
- Preparation & maintenance of documentation for safety and risk
- Support customer events - meetings, demonstrations and trials
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Degree, preferably a PhD, in Chemistry or related discipline
- At least 3 years' of post-doctoral or industry experience in power source development
- Chartered status, or at least working towards it
- A keen interest in Battery research and the wider industry
QinetiQ offers an excellent salary and benefits package commensurate with a large international company some of which are highlighted below:
- Paid overtime and additional reward when working onboard naval ships and submarines
- Career development across a diverse international organisation
- Modern and collaborative working environment
- Pension - up to 10.5 % company contributed
- Flexible working arrangements
QinetiQ comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. We draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Our people make the critical difference to customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help us make tomorrow work today?