Milbank Concrete Products are a well-established, leading supplier of high-quality concrete products within the United Kingdom, specialising in various sectors of the construction industry including design, manufacture and installation. Situated in Earls Colne, near Colchester we manufacture high quality precast concrete flooring and stairs. We are seeking a highly motivated Precast Mould Carpenter to join the team.
About the Role
Working for one of the leading manufacturers of precast concrete you will be trained in all aspects of precast mould making. You will need to apply your woodwork skills and an ability to interpret CAD drawings, to construct moulds to cast a wide range of precast concrete components for use in the construction industry. Training on various tools and machines to shape and cut materials will be provided. For the right candidate this can include college.
- Work as part of a team producing timber moulds to manufacture precast concrete components.
- Read and follow CAD drawings and plans.
- Measure, shape and cut materials using a variety of tools and machines.
- Assemble the shuttering components and frame work to create a finished mould.
- Follow health and safety regulations and maintain safe working environment.
A background in woodworking/joinery in any industry would be a distinct advantage. Previous experience in concrete or construction industries would be advantageous but not essential. In house training, PPE and tools will all be provided.
Paid monthly based on a Mon-Fri working week with some weekend work where required.
Salary dependant on experience.
We offer 21 days paid holiday plus the statutory Bank holidays along with a health insurance policy that contributes towards dentist/optician costs, physiotherapy etc.
Due to the location of our factories, it is essential that the candidate has their own form of transport.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Milbank Group will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job.
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process.
- All decisions are made in line with Milbank’s equal opportunities and recruitment and selection decisions, are made on merit - in line with the job and skills requirements set for the vacancy.
And when you become employed, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent and equal chance in learning and development and terms and conditions of service.
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation.
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is valued and respected.
Armed Forces Covenant
As a part of The Milbank Group, Milbank Concrete Products recognises the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. As a Silver Award holder of the Armed Forces Covenant, we are proactive in guaranteeing an interview for suitably qualified or interested ex service personnel and dependants.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitisation, disinfection or cleaning procedures in place