Willmott Dixon Interiors deliver nationwide projects across the Commercial, Hotel, Leisure, Retail, Education and Health sectors. No matter the scope or scale of the project, our people are the best in the business and have the specialist knowledge required to rise to any project challenges that may come their way.
We are currently looking to recruit a Preconstruction Manager (Bid Manager) to join our fantastic specialist refurbishment and fit out service department that focusses on projects with a budget up to £3million.
As part of this role, you will lead the procurement teams to deliver profitable, de-risked, winning bids on time and to the highest quality whilst maintaining external relationships.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
We are secured on some of the biggest public sector frameworks both nationally and regionally so basic understanding of the processes involved would be beneficial.
The right attitude, positive strategic approach and being adaptable are highly sort after attributes for this role.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team.
As a preconstruction manager for Willmott Dixon Interiors you will:
- Lead work winning, customer focused bid strategies.
- Manage the procurement process and resources with a high degree of commercial acumen and skill.
- Ensure accurate reports and pricing are available.
- Provide management and direction to staff.
- Identify opportunities to add value and to identify risks/solutions throughout the project process.
- Enhance and maintain external relationships.
- To conduct their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives.
- Manage the procurement process, and promote integration of disciplines through accurate reporting and regular internal communication and feedback.
- Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Proven experience of:
- Customer focused work winning strategies.
- First class presentation skills.
- Ability to prepare basic programmes and understand the planning process.
- Track record of successful bid/tender delivery.
- Pricing a variety of construction projects in a wide range of sectors adopting a range of construction techniques.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
- Controlling resources, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Managing the procurement process.
- Reading and accurately interpreting tender information, including drawings and technical specifications.
- Being in a senior role and positively contributing to a team.
- Proactively liaising with customers.
- Understanding and appropriately allocating bills of quantities.
- Understanding site requirements in respect of preliminaries items.
- Reading, understanding and accurately interpreting client briefing documents.
- Working with the supply chain.
- Being able to interface with and manage clients and their teams.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4 etc).
- Relevant degree.
- MCIOB or RICS.
- Appropirate CSCS card.
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations,
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve,
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation,
- consider the impact of your own actions on others,
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks,
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise where there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal,
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary,
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations,
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge,
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation,
- understand and address stakeholders' needs,
- articulate a vision that generates excitement, enthusiasm and commitment,
- inspire trust and commitment from others,
- identify your customer's needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
You will be able to:
- initiate systems to gather information and manage knowledge effectively, efficiently and ethically,
- identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to current and future work,
- generate and recognise imaginative and innovative solutions,
- understand the impact of current decisions on longer-term objectives,
- prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives,
- present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding,
- constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives,
- anticipate risks, and make provision to mitigate against possible consequences,
- recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly,
- take personal responsibility for making things happen,
- find practical ways to overcome barriers,
- manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
You will be able to:
- set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself and others,
- balance multiple priorities and build consensus on the way forward,
- make and implement difficult and/or unpopular decisions,
- encourage and support an empowered decision-making culture,
- show integrity, fairness and consistency in decision-making,
- encourage and support others to make the best use of their abilities,
- clearly agree what is expected of others and hold them to account,
- monitor the quality of work and take appropriate corrective action, where necessary.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.