Principal Aerospace Systems Engineer
Permanent, Salisbury (other locations may be considered)
The overall purpose of the role is to deliver Systems Engineering capability (processes, methods and tools) that meets current and future QinetiQ Integrated Delivery Team business objectives working as a partnership with Project and Programme Management; The delivery stream is System and Project Engineering within the Air Domain.
- Day-to-day leadership and management of Project and Programme engineering and technical teams to deliver complex integrated engineering outputs that meet the Customer's requirements;
- Ensuring that Systems Engineering gains and retains a 'world class' standard through continuous improvement;
- Collaboration with Resource Management as required to assign relevant technical work tasks to suitably qualified and experienced personnel;
- Act a Technical Leader to deliver high quality technical output to contracted time, cost and quality;
- Assuring the quality of engineering integrated outputs (work of all employees, contractors, and military SMEs) in accordance with authorised Technical Delivery Plans;
- Effective capture and analysis of Customer requirements to generate System Requirements
- Co-ordinating technical aspects of bids including delivery planning and estimates; generating innovative technical/solutions with an associated work breakdown structure;
- Ensuring the production of appropriate Technical Delivery Plans and adherence throughout the engineering project lifecycle;
- Identifying project technical risks and mitigations working with the Project Manager with their management and control
- Mentoring of other Systems Engineering staff and activities as required
Essential Education, Qualifications and Training Required:
- Recognised aerospace qualification to at least HND standard.
- Evidence of further learning and relevant training in air systems and engineering.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Excellent people leadership and communication skills;
- Significant technical experience of air platforms and the air vehicle life cycle;
- Experience of applying system engineering toolsets and paradigms such as IBM DOORS, MBSE, V & V, etc.
- Ability to make sound judgements on integrated engineering solutions;
- Sound knowledge of engineering governance including aerospace certification and regulation;
- Knowledge of the military and civil aerospace industry.
- Engineering degree;
- Chartered Engineer.
- Knowledge of the MOD customer and MOD Procurement process
- Knowledge of MAA RA1220
- Knowledge and experience of applying EASA Part 21
- Knowledge and experience of MAA DAOS
If you think you are a good fit, great! Click 'apply' and we will be in touch shortly to discuss.