Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
We are looking for an experienced Principal Commercial Manager with extensive experience of Total Facilities Management contracts to join our Secure Infrastructure Facilities Management team. The role will have responsibility for:
- Leading the commercial aspects of a large TFM Contact (including extensive additional/ project works) in the North and Midlands.
- Working alongside the Account Director, you will lead the Commercial Team to manage all commercial and contractual matters.
Key focuses will be to implement commercial best practice to maximise value and minimise risk and cost to the Amey business and to support the development and maintenance of the Contract.
You will support the Business in developing and implementing commercial and procurement strategies for successfully winning bids and managing post contract activities; and be an ambassador for Amey and champion best practice.
What will this role involve?
- Develop a high performing Commercial team for the Contract
- Lead or provide commercial support to deliver good P&L results to a value of c£140m p.a.
- Drive consistency of good valuation/commercial/procurement processes both pre and post Contract
- Supporting contract commercial team with cost control of project including providing and monitoring budgets and forecasts in conjunction with the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager; production of weekly/monthly cost and value reconciliations and forecasts and advising the Project Manager/Senior Commercial Manager thereof
- Support the bid director in winning strategic bids by use of good commercial strategy and process to deliver robust commercial solutions in bids
- Deliver the pre and post Contract opportunity and risk process including mitigation of risk
- Negotiate with key customers
- Develop good strategies for further improving cash flows
- Support post contract activity by delivering solutions to discrete post contract strategic issues
- Develop sub-contractor category & engagement strategies and align our supply chain in support of our customer needs and aspirations
- Work with key supply chain companies
- Developing and implementing arrangements for increasing the awareness and competence of Amey staff in supply chain management best practices
- Contribute to supply chain thinking across the Secure Infrastructure Division, transferring best practice and contributing to wider initiatives where appropriate
- Embed within the business unit supply chain our Amey Values, culture, target zero, diversity, community and sustainability policy and strategies
- Create a customer focused, performance led culture, collaborating with other functions to deliver supply chain excellence
Role specific responsibilities
- Be part of the development of a clear and well documented Commercial & Procurement strategy that supports all the accounts delivery in terms of revenue growth and profit improvement.
- Develop category strategies for each major spend category and drive up supplier value and drive down costs.
- Structure our commercial deals with major suppliers to incentivise them to deliver additional value and apply a "gain share and pain share" contract incentive approach where appropriate.
- Detailed understanding of contract conditions.
- Ability to lead, manage, develop and recruit staff.
Degree qualification (RICS accredited or equivalent), or able to demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role with major infrastructure providers.
- Substantial experience in Senior Commercial leadership at a senior level within a complex matrix organisation.
- Experience of large value TFM Contracts and Project Works
- Experience of the Procurement of a robust and cost-effective Supply Chain.
- Experience of leading high performing teams.
- A professional qualification is preferred.
Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills are essential, and the role will require strong skills in managing a range of stakeholder relationships