Principal Educational Psychologist
Salary range: Competitive
Permanent Full- time contract
Interview Dates 28th/29th June 2021
We welcome applications from fully qualified and experienced Educational Psychologists with Senior Management Experience
About the role
Babcock Learning and Development Partnership is a seeking a qualified and experienced Educational Psychologist to lead our large and friendly service in this exciting time of development and change.
We currently work in close partnership with Devon County Council to provide psychological services to all schools in Devon in addition to a healthy traded service. Devon County Council commissions a range of specialist work from us, all EPs in the service have the opportunity to be involved in specialist areas of work. The service works closely with other services within the contract and the successful candidate will play a key role in joining a dynamic and supportive Senior Leadership Team within the business.
Having successfully been outsourced through a Joint Venture Partnership the contract is returning to Devon County Council in July 2021. The Principal EP will have an opportunity to shape this transformation and be part of the wider conversations about the future of SEND Services in Devon.
Why should you come and work for us?
- You will lead a supportive and welcoming team, with a drive to improve outcomes
- We have a reputation for innovative practice, with every EP having opportunities to be involved in specialist and project work
- The service is very well regarded by schools as reflected in high levels of traded buy-in
- There are close links with the Doctoral training course at Exeter University
- You will have access to CPD opportunities and high quality supervision
- We offer a competitive salary with added benefits
- IT support is excellent allowing remote and paperless working
- Flexible working and home working is part of normal practice
- Annual leave can be taken throughout the year
To find out more about the Educational Psychology Service please visit our website on
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and applicants must share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS with ABL and CBL check is required for this post.
Please note that Babcock is a private sector employer and is not covered by the 'Modification Order' and therefore local government service is not recognised for continuous service purposes.
Applicants must be professionally qualified and registered with the HCPC and must also hold a full current driving licence and have access to a vehicle for regular business use.
This post is not on Soulbury Pay and Conditions - any queries about the pay and conditions on offer, please contact
This position will require completion of an application form.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
Closing date: 18th June 2021