Join us as a Principal Engineer
- We’re building and supporting a new Cloud based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) and Jupyter notebook capabilities to support data science, data engineering and universal analytics
- This is a challenging role that will see you design and engineer software development platforms with the customer or user experience as the primary objective
- With your software development background, you’ll be working with architects to help define major components of the business-wide target architecture and roadmap
- You’ll gain valuable senior stakeholder exposure as well as the opportunity to hone your technical talents and leadership skills
What you'll do
As a Principal Engineer, you’ll be creating great customer outcomes via engineering and innovative solutions to existing and new challenges, and technology designs which are innovative, customer centric, high performance, secure and robust.
You’ll be leading the more significant, complex and technically challenging assignments, coordinating multiple feature teams, making sure that their technical journeys support realisation of the targets, and deliver the values of the relevant metrics published to our investors.
You’ll also be:
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Leading a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Influencing the development of strategies and architecture at domain and enterprise levels, identifying transformational opportunities for the businesses and technology areas
The skills you'll need
You’ll come with significant experience in software engineering, software or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing and leading software platforms within an Agile framework preferably in a DevOps or Scrum environment. You'll have a strong understanding of Enterprise IDE Platofrms and Data science notebooks such as AWS Cloud Services, PyCharm, Gateway, VSC, Jupyter and Zeppelin.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you’ll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance.
You’ll also need:
- Experience in Terraform, building infrastructures, managing alerts and integrating with peripheral services such as GitHub, TeamCity, Artifactory, Active Directory and PING
- The ability to create meaningful stories containing technical tasks to deliver requirements
- A strong background in leading software development teams in a matrix structure, introducing and executing technical strategies
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking and stubbing and unit testing tools
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- A background of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools, wikis and designing or implementing APIs