About the role
As Principal Product Manager for Recommendations Science, you will be a thought leader in the recommendations domain for Tesco, with ownership for the relevant platforms and algorithmic approaches within this portfolio across all markets that Tesco operates in. You will drive the algorithmic vision, product strategy, roadmap and execution for them, solving customer problems and delivering high value at scale. You will contribute to the wider strategy around personalisation and profiling.
You will be responsible for
- Drive the global product vision, strategy and execution for Recommendations Science at Tesco, working closely with the Head of Data Science and the relevant Head of Product
- Be a thought leader in the recommendations space and contribute to broader discussions, strategy and vision for personalisation and targeting at Tesco
- Foster innovation and scientific discovery with a view to seeking out new applications for recommendations science across the wider business
- Work closely with other product managers, product teams and business partners, across multiple business units and domains (channels, markets, clients etc ) to solve customer and business problems, defining and agreeing outcomes and key results
- Work closely with the Data Science team and relevant engineering teams to deliver maximum business value with least effort, always delivering value in slices
- Represent the product organisation in key strategic decisions concerning relevant technology platform and suppliers
- Maintain and establish new relationships with suppliers and business partners relating to recommendations science
- Use leadership and negotiation skills to define and influence outcomes both within and outside of the organisation in order to achieve the best for Tesco customers, colleagues and partners
- Determine and define the right mix of KPIs to judge the efficacy and drive material improvements in recommendations capability, whilst collaborating on the right business KPIs that drive value to Tesco's P&L
- Make build vs buy decisions in collaboration with senior technology counterparts based on what is best for the product strategy
- Inspire, mentor and coach other algorithmic (quantitative) Product Managers and Teams improving this discipline and capability at Tesco
You will need
- You have effectively managed a complex portfolio of companywide significance, made decisions around strategy for your product portfolio (product mix, new products, retirement of old products) that led to greater customer stratification, improved profitability or lead to cost savings and generated huge business value for the organization
- You acknowledged as an important thought leader in your domain and are able to influence and innovate through defined specialisms and proven successes,.e.g. Algorithmic, Process, methodology definition
- Have proven expertise in seeking out and dealing with ambiguous, unstructured challenges, quick to find opportunities and shape strategies and resources around them as an individual contributor.
- Took multiple ideas (at least one new product/ idea) from conception to go-live, through standard software product development lifecycle and got measurable success across defined KPIs.
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen.
- Have shown significant improvement in your Product KPIs and helped team set KPIs for new/ other products.
- Effectively worked with senior stakeholders outside of his immediate product team to market the product and gather feedback and new requirements.
- Technically competent to influence and understand the solution context and approach and aid engineering in estimating the complexity of work being requested.
- Leading complex and iterative product developments requiring close integration of Data Science and Engineering teams
- Fostering innovation and driving scientific discovery in parallel to core product development
- Delivering high impact Data Science developments within complex organisations
- Productionizing developments and roll out at scale
- Have great prioritization and decision making skills and have made good decisions/ judgements around business priorities and resource allocation, etc.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 45% of base salary
- Car allowance of £7,320 per annum
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 6% and 10% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Health screening every 2 years
- Private medical insurance offered by Bupa
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we