Join us as a Principal SWIFT Engineer
- This is a challenging role that will see you own and drive the design, delivery and deployment of strategic initiatives across the SWIFT estate
- You’ll actively contribute to our architecture, design and engineering centre of excellence, collaborating to improve the bank’s overall software engineering capability
- You’ll gain valuable stakeholder exposure as you build and leverage relationships, as well as the opportunity to hone your technical talents
What you'll do
As a Principal SWIFT Engineer, you’ll be the key delivery resource using deep SWIFT technical knowledge and experience to accept vendor updates, upgrades and patches, configuring them to be deployed into the bank's SWIFT platform. You'll be preparing, configuring and deploying technical change solutions to support and comply with key programmes of work such as the SWIFT customer security programme, SWIFT standards and SWIFT security patching.
You’ll be working with software engineers in the production and prototyping of innovative ideas, engaging with domain and enterprise architects to validate and leverage these in wider contexts, by incorporating the relevant architectures. We’ll also look to you to design and develop software with a focus on the automation of build, test and deployment activities, while developing the discipline of software engineering across the business.
You’ll also be:
- Defining, creating and providing oversight and governance of engineering and design solutions with a focus on end-to-end automation, simplification, resilience, security, performance, scalability and reusability
- Working within a platform or feature team along with software engineers to design and engineer complex software, scripts and tools to enable the delivery of bank platforms, applications and services, acting as a point of contact for solution design considerations
- Defining and developing architecture models and roadmaps of application and software components to meet business and technical requirements, driving common usability across products and domains
- Designing, producing, testing and implementing the working code, along with applying Agile methods to the development of software with the use of DevOps techniques
The skills you'll need
You’ll come with significant experience in software engineering, software or database design and architecture, as well as experience of developing software within a DevOps and Agile framework.
Along with an expert understanding of the latest market trends, technologies and tools, you’ll bring significant and demonstrable experience of implementing programming best practice, especially around scalability, automation, virtualisation, optimisation, availability and performance.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of the SWIFT application suite, such as SAG, SAA, AWP or AMH
- A strong background in leading software development teams in a matrix structure, introducing and executing technical strategies
- To be comfortable operating test-driven development and using automated test frameworks, mocking or stubbing and unit testing tools
- A background in designing or implementing APIs
- The ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate product and business requirements into technical solutions
- A background of working with code repositories, bug tracking tools and wikis