Resilient Position Navigation & Timing (PNT) / GNSS
Locations: Farnborough, Portsmouth, Lincoln, UK Flexible
QinetiQ supports the delivery of secured navigation which can be depended on when accurate navigation, positioning/ timing is mission-critical. Our specialist teams provides our clients with consultancy support, research and the development of services & security capabilities for resilient positioning and navigation systems including Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) Receivers.
As the Principal Systems Engineer, you will establish and lead a team of engineers to conduct activities as directed by the Secured Navigation technical lead and chief engineer, working in partnership with the Project Manager to ensure a consistent approach to the design, delivery and support of our products and advice in accordance with a through life management plan.
You will have responsibility, within the overall business strategy, for the technical direction and management of delegated bids, projects and support to other areas of the business and as such you will be the technical point of contact for some of our Customer base.
- Shaping the strategic direction of projects, work packages and bids to align with the overall strategy of the business;
- Planning with customers, interpreting critical requirements and establishing high level road maps;
- System Design, Development & Testing of PNT products;
- Leading a broad spread of technical, project and security domains with the ability to work at both the 'big picture' and technical detail levels;
- Leading the development of Innovative and cutting edge solutions;
- Engaging with other technical experts and incorporating their input into broader technical solutions;
- Working alongside the Chief Engineer to help develop capability and grow the PNT team;
- Responsibility for developing other team members.
We are interested with speaking with senior candidates who have experience across Navigational Systems, ideally including GNSS receiver products. You will have gained system design experience and be able to provide innovative solutions to complex technical problems. We are interested in speaking with Systems Engineers who have knowledge of any of the following:
- Navigation system specification
- Navigation signal processing
- Multi-sensor navigation
- Robust navigation techniques (anti-jam, anti-spoof)
- Real Time Kinematic satellite navigation
- GNSS security
- Alternative PNT approaches and techniques
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact.