NHBC have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Oracle Developer to join their IT Team based in Milton Keynes. The role of Principal Oracle Developer will participate fully in a team which delivers analysis, design, development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of NHBC internal applications, to support key business processes.
As a Principal Oracle Developer, you’ll report into the Development Manager and work within a core team. Analysing and documenting customer requirements for enhancements to existing systems as well as new systems, you’ll also analyse, design and build, unit test and document new modules adhering to set departmental standards.
You’ll advise other members of the team/department on technical issues, provide consistently reliable estimates to their Manager as well as weekly progress updates, highlighting any issues as they occur.
You’ll must have a sound understanding of BI best practices, relational structures, dimensional data modelling, structured query language (SQL) skills, data warehouse and reporting techniques., data warehouse and reporting techniques.
You’ll be responsible for the successful delivery of business intelligence information to the entire organisation and has experience in BI development and implementations, data architecture and data warehousing.
You’ll need to be able to work well under pressure and be adept at taking problems and seeing them through to resolution with minimal supervision. You should be an excellent communicator and very client focused with strong interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will have the following skills & attributes;
- Degree in Computing / Computer Science or related discipline.
- Current experience of developing software with customer-facing experience in a structured
- Design and implement warehouse database structures.
- Develop data warehouse process models, including sourcing, loading, transformation, and extraction and validating results with business representatives.
- Select methods, techniques, or criteria for data warehousing evaluative procedures.
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models.
- Verify the structure, accuracy, or quality of warehouse data.
- Supporting implemented BI solutions by: monitoring and tuning queries and data loads, addressing user questions concerning data integrity, monitoring performance and communicating functional and technical issues.
- Current and in-depth experience using PL/SQL, SQL, ETL – Data Integration and Data Quality, Oracle RDBMS 11g/12c.
- Good knowledge and experience of Oracle database 10g/11g/12c
- Current experience in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning & performance optimisation.
- Proven experience of working on full project lifecycle using Waterfall and/or Agile SCRUM development methodologies. environment.
Salary & Benefits
- £43,000 - £50,500 (depending on experience)
- Up to 6% performance related bonus.
- 25 days pa annual leave with option to purchase one additional week per year.
- Pension scheme to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution).
- Equalised Paternity, Maternity and Adoption Leave.
- Life assurance of 4 x salary.
- Subsidised private medical insurance.
- Cycle purchase scheme.
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
- Employee assistance programme.
- Relocation assistance may be consider for the right candidate.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
Always happy to talk flexible working
We encourage employees to work flexibly in different ways including home working, field working and both formal and informal flexible working arrangements. We don’t promise we can offer you what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working. In the interview process we’ll discuss this more with you.
Diversity and Inclusion
NHBC is committed to equal opportunities for all. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter. Our inclusive culture helps us to maintain competitive advantage as we aim to attract people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team. Underlying our overall commitment to equality is the fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected - Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human - Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive - Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.