We have fantastic opportunities in Birmingham at our Aston depo for experienced PCV Coach Drivers to join our newly launched Private Hire operation in the West Midlands, in order to help connect our customers to locations throughout the UK, whilst providing the fantastic customer service that National Express is known for.
As a Private Hire Coach Driver with National Express you will be providing transport services for day trips, tours and excursions, sports events and corporate shuttle work, along with school trips and private events.
As part of our commitment to you, you will benefit from a salary of £12.50 per hour. Our drivers will also benefit from a guaranteed 40 hour contract with no unpaid breaks! In addition to this successful applicants will benefit from a joining bonus of up to *£2,500!
What you'll need...
- A Valid UK PCV licence (Category D)
- An ability to provide outstanding customer service
- A flexible approach to work, working on a variable shift pattern
Our extensive training and development programmes include:
- CPC and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
- Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
- In depth route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
- Company specific training company specific training in defensive driving, disability awareness, operating ticket machines and other company processes and systems.
- Our award winning Master Driver Programme (including free IAM membership)
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
- An hourly wage of £12.50 per hour
- Guaranteed 40 hours of work per week with overtime available
- Paid from Book on to Book off (No unpaid breaks)
- A welcome bonus of £1,000 once you commence at garage and a further £1,500 after 12 months of service*
- Free nationwide National Express coach travel for you and a partner, plus 50% off for up to 4 family members!
- Great company pension with Life Assurance Scheme included
- Paid annual leave entitlement
- A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile car and much more!
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, which includes free counselling and further support to improve your health and wellbeing
- To reward you for your dedication, we offer fantastic long service awards to mark key milestones in your career