Job Title: Process Design Engineer
Job ID: SF44580
Business Unit: LGE
Here at Babcock LGE we are in an exciting period of growth and we are looking for Process Design Engineer.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to be part of a team that will have a huge impact on the future growth of Babcock LGE, then this is truly an excellent time to join the team.
About the role:
To perform all Process Engineering design work in support of winning and delivering large scale process-engineering themed projects for our key customers, ensuring that the business maintains its position as the world leader in the delivery of marine cargo handling systems for the transportation/storage of liquefied gas.
What will you be doing?
* Design activities associated with marine and offshore liquefied gas plants, ensuring safe and economical design while striving for continuous improvement
* Develop PFD's, P&ID's etc with participation in design reviews, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and LoPA.
* Calculations for line sizing, control valves, relief systems, process control and utility requirements.
* Develop process heat/mass balance to size and select equipment.
* Produce datasheets and specifications for equipment such as heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, control and safety relief valves.
* Produce technical documentation including formal submission of calculations, reports and operating manuals.
* Collaborative working with Control and Instrumentation Engineers to define process control philosophy and plant logic requirements early in the design phase, ensuring continued parallel working throughout the project execution phase.
* Evaluation of vendor quotations for process equipment and machinery.
* Technical communication with regulatory bodies (ie marine classification societies), clients and vendors to resolve technical issues that arise.
* Actively support the company's Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and other policies and procedures.
What do I need to do the role:
* Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering.
* Proven and relevant experience
* Will consider Engineers desiring to return to work after a career break, or those with a chemical/process engineering degree who operate in equivalent or transferable design environments.
* Technical competence for the above responsibilities
* Clear and confident communicator
* Fluency in the English language (verbal & written)
* Able to work independently or as part of a multidisciplinary team
* Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously
* Good working knowledge of Product and Process Safety systems; HAZID, HAZOP, SIL and LoPA.
* Highly motivated with an attention to detail
* Ability to lead tasks and work to tight timescales
* Supporting Process team Graduate Engineers
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
* IT capable and familiar with process engineering software
* Good working knowledge of Unisim and Microsoft Office is required. Familiarity with software packages such as HTRI, Refprop and AFT Fathom would be an advantage.
* Knowledge of API and manufacturer standards for sizing of relief valves would also be beneficial.
* Good problem solving and analytical skills
* Must hold of have ability to obtain SC security clearance
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.