About the role
Here at Cavendish Nuclear we are looking to recruit a Process Engineer based at our new office, The Babcock Technology Centre in Bristol. You will join a team that has vast experience in Nuclear Engineering and provide professionally competent specialist services to our many clients.
This role will be heavily involved with Civil and Defence Nuclear projects, using your experience you will provide engineering conceptual and detailed design, drawings, modelling, calculations, and technical solutions in the delivery of complex customer funded programmes. This position will offer a chance to get exposure to a variety of cutting edge work packages and will benefit from great support by the senior engineers allowing an opportunity to grow and develop.
This is a highly rewarding position working within a market leading nuclear engineering organisation. We support UK and international nuclear power stations with a range of services and strive to be best in class across our various contracts.
- Working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles.
- Ensuring that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
- Supervising designers in the production of drawings and engineering models.
- Producing technical Scopes of Work.
- Producing technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
- Carrying out design risk assessments.
- Reviewing design changes.
- Assessing concessions and technical queries.
- Raising design quality plans for single discipline work packages.
- Preparing designs for hazard identification and HAZOP studies.
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Engineering or Science degree qualified preferred. HND/HNC as a minimum.
- Demonstrable experience post degree qualification covering a range of engineering/technical topics.
Successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Cavendish Nuclear
Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please click here.