About this opportunityLocation: Atlanta, GA
Gleeds US is looking for an Process Improvement Consultant to lead the development of documented materials management and construction data collection processes necessary for close out of capital construction projects. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Who we’re looking for:Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
- Scheduling and facilitating process improvement team meetings with SMEs in Large Pipeline Construction, Engineering, Project Management, and Project controls, to discuss materials management and construction data collection processes.
- Identifying areas where processes and/or systems create opportunities for duplication of effort, manual error, or other inefficiency and modify future state processes to reduce or eliminate these opportunities.
- Documenting the processes in flowchart format using the Lucid process mapping application.
- Producing published procedure documentation using standard templates. Socialize these deliverables with stakeholder department directors, and achieve signatures as required.
- Working as a peer with the Digital Mobile Inspection (DMI) Project Manager to develop requirements and wireframe mockups for new database forms, database tables, and other inputs required for the continued development of the Digital Inspection system. All process documentation must support the DMI system and vice versa.
- Providing consultation to the Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management (EPPM) Project Manager to ensure business processes are considered in the future Unifier system.
- Exceptional MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access proficiency
- Exceptional proficiency in producing business flow charts and procedure documents
- Effective verbal communication, meeting facilitation, and stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to produce highly-polished written documentation.
- Proficiency in Visio, Lucid, or other process mapping applications.
- Knowledge of gas industry regulations related to construction of gas pipelines and related documentation requirements
- 2+ years work experience in business process mapping and/or procedure writing
- 2+ years work experience in business process improvement projects
- 2+ years work experience in a role that required leading cross-functional resources to achieve business objectives
- Gas utility construction experience, including overseeing steel piping installation, inspection, non-destructive examination
Joining usBe part of the extraordinary
- BA/BS in Engineering, Business, or Construction Management
Every day at Gleeds, we influence the way people around the world live, work and travel. Delivering on the world’s most iconic projects for globally renowned clients, our teams solve complex problems that shape the future of the built environment.
One of the qualities we value in people, is the ability to think creatively about the solutions we offer to clients. With 71 offices spanning the Americas, Europe, MENA and Asia Pacific our ability to innovate and improve is a product of the varied backgrounds and experience of our people. We welcome new perspectives and ideas.
Above all, we believe that quality relationships sit at the heart of good business. We strive to be the people that seek to understand and bring people together. Wherever we are in the world, our aspiration is to leave a positive legacy for people and local communities, whilst living and breathing our three core values:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications regardless of age, disability, marital status, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status or gender.We recognise the importance of work/life balance and agree flexible working arrangements to suit each individual.Gleeds is a Great Place to Work certified employer.
- We’re committed to our clients and our people
- We’re creative and realistic
- We combine professionalism with personality