NHBC has an amazing opportunity for a Procurement Coordinator to join the Procurement department within finance team!
Would you like to join the UK’s leading warranty and insurance provider for newly built homes and be at the very heart of our core purpose to build confidence in construction quality for the benefit of the industry and new home buyers?
If you’re a proactive, committed individual, with a strong desire to learn, you could be the perfect fit to join our Procurement Team in Milton Keynes.
Purpose of Job:
Procurement and outsourcing are integral to NHBC’s business model and the successful delivery of its trading activities. The Procurement Coordinator (PC) will provide administrative support to the Procurement team, providing excellent first point of contract customer service and coordination of Procurement support requests to ensure they are dealt with efficiently.
The PC will maintain Procurement’s centralised electronic contracts database (Prolink), ensuring all supplier contracts entered are uploaded to the database.
The PC will ensure supplier risk profiles are assessed regularly and updated on Prolink, will undertake relevant supplier compliance checks and highlight risks to the appropriate business area, including the Risk and Compliance team if required.
The PC will ensure all relevant information relating to the Procurement function including processes and policies are communicated effectively via NHBC’s intranet site.
The PC will provide administrative support to the Head of Finance as required.
The PC will be a key role within the Procurement team being the first point of contact for support requests and providing administrative support to the team to enable key services to be provided throughout NHBC.
- Manage the process for setting up new suppliers, ensuring all required steps have been taken in a timely manner to allow suppliers to be paid in line with contracted terms.
- Undertake supplier due diligence checks to include but not limited to; insurances, H&S accreditations, and financial monitoring to ensure NHBC onboard and continue to contract with compliant suppliers.
- Maintain a central contracts database for all supplier contracts, liaising with business areas to ensure the Procurement team have sight of all supplier contracts.
- Maintain a regular supplier risk assessment process to ensure NHBC have oversight of its supplier risk profile.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Finance as required, to include but not limited to diary management, meeting administration.
- Support supplier contract approval process, liaising with stakeholders to ensure contracts are signed in accordance with Procurement policies.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Sourcing and Contracts Specialist for the centrally managed supplier contracts, to include but not limited to stationery, travel management and Procurement software providers.
- Update and maintain Procurement intranet hub pages to ensure all relevant Procurement information is easily accessible across NHBC.
- Continually review Procurement team’s requirements to ensure support meets ongoing needs.
- Work collaboratively with various stakeholders and Procurement team members to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
Procurement team members at all levels
Risk & Compliance
IT Information & Security
NHBC staff from other departments as required
NHBC current and potential suppliers and contractors
Audit (both internal and external as required)
Over the course of employment, the job holder is required to:
- act with integrity
- act with due skill, care, and diligence
- be open and co-operative with NHBC’s
Profile of Job Holder:
Previous experience in an administrative
Ideally worked within a Procurement function and experience of working with e-Sourcing platforms
Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
The ability to plan work and meet deadlines
High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Able to challenge the status quo and bring new ways of doing things
Self- motivated Proactive, enthusiastic and a team player
Salary and bonus:
Your salary will be in the range of £25,269 – £27,317 per annum dependent on experience. Our annual bonus scheme rewards our strongest performers with the highest bonuses and, subject to the company’s performance and your own, you could earn up to 6% annual
Our pension contributions are generous and, depending on your own level of monthly contributions, we will contribute up to 10.5% of your pensionable salary each year.
We offer 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with the option to purchase an extra week per year.
Private health care: We will pay towards Aviva private medical insurance cover for you and your family worth £395 each year.
Maternity, paternity, and adoption leave:
We’ve equalised the leave we offer for all colleagues so, whatever your family set up, you can take the leave you need when you add to your family.
Life assurance of 4 x salary.
Subsidised private medical insurance.
Cycle purchase scheme.
High street discounts and preferential gym rates.
Employee assistance programme.
Apart from working with great colleagues who are passionate about what they do, we pride ourselves on developing individuals to achieve their full potential and offer exceptional personal development and career progression opportunities. We also support, sponsor, and pay for training and membership to relevant professional organisations. All necessary equipment and other allowances associated with working from home will be provided.
We encourage our colleagues to work flexibly in different ways to suit their personal circumstances. We can’t promise we can offer you exactly what you want, but we are always happy to talk flexible working at interview stage and beyond.
Diversity and inclusion
We are committed to equal opportunities for all with an inclusive culture that helps us to maintain competitive advantage. Our people come from diverse backgrounds and support our fundamental belief in the right of all employees and customers to be treated with dignity and respect and to be guaranteed freedom from discrimination. We are a signatory to the Armed Forces Covenant and the Women in Finance Charter.
Excellent – Proud and professional in all that we do.
Connected – Collaborating, sharing and achieving success as a team.
Human – Challenging, supporting and respecting each other.
Progressive – Inspired by possibilities, learning and adapting together.
Closing Date: Monday 25th October 2021